When Lees returns

I think the team is pretty much nailed on dependant on whether we pay 433 (Luongo) or 442 (Nuihi/Fessi) with possibility an argument for Fessi over Harris in either formation (for now Harris edging it).

However what about at CB? Does Lees come back in. If so, does Iorfa play full back either for Palmer or Fox with palmer going back to LB?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Tom lees is the new matias . Back next week every week 

Amazing how many times that happens with Lees. It looks like he's going to be out for a couple of matches and it ends up being months. Sure same happened last season and season before. 

32 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

After all the wibbling over signing Börner instead of Hector,  I'm loving the fact that Börner is the first name on the team sheet this season.

Who'd have thought Tom Lees might struggle for a start? 

Lees was the weaklink of the defence last season so its not hard to see.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He has to wait for his chance. Iorfa should only play right back in emergencies 

I agree Iorfa has excelled at CB and I am edging towards Lees having to wait for his chance. However I do think Iorfa offers something going forward t full back. As good ass Palmer and Fox have been they don't contribute crazy amounts going forward. We were hoping Odabajo would but he has been poor. Iorfa rampaging up the right wing was pretty hard to stop and I'm sure he got a couple of assist last season. in the formation we play we need every position to contribute to goals and i feel he does offer something in this sense at full back. Would be harsh on Palmer and more likely Fox, but could it be for the better of the team in general. 

1 minute ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I agree Iorfa has excelled at CB and I am edging towards Lees having to wait for his chance. However I do think Iorfa offers something going forward t full back. As good ass Palmer and Fox have been they don't contribute crazy amounts going forward. We were hoping Odabajo would but he has been poor. Iorfa rampaging up the right wing was pretty hard to stop and I'm sure he got a couple of assist last season. in the formation we play we need every position to contribute to goals and i feel he does offer something in this sense at full back. Would be harsh on Palmer and more likely Fox, but could it be for the better of the team in general. 

I said before we even signed them, Odubajo and Iorfa wouldn’t displace Palmer. That’s not to say they were bad signings, far from it. Iorfa, who I’d never seen at centre back, has been excellent, and is getting better and better. Odubajo can give us cover in a few positions, and may actually end up in midfield, in my opinion

41 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

After all the wibbling over signing Börner instead of Hector,  I'm loving the fact that Börner is the first name on the team sheet this season.

Who'd have thought Tom Lees might struggle for a start? 

And the hundreds of players we ‘scouted’ and ended up paying over the odds for Van Aken. Iorfa and Börner costing a mere 200k.

I can honestly see Iorfa being sold for an eight figure fee at the end of the season. I think Lees being third choice CB for the remainder of the season might do him some good... he rarely lasts a year without picking up an injury that leaves him out for a couple of months, so a protracted period of not having to play twice a week could do him the world of good.

Plus Iorfa is a monster right now... long may that continue...

Just now, SettleForADraw said:

And the hundreds of players we ‘scouted’ and ended up paying over the odds for Van Aken. Iorfa and Börner costing a mere 200k.

Don't.

Just don't.

I try to tell myself 'you win some, you lose some', but what a bloody farce that was, eh?

At least we seem to be getting our recruitment right in the past couple of seasons, though.

• Haha 1