433 and 442

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Could have quite easily have played Lee in the Luongo role. I think that it was the plan all along to play that way and we did well. We stopped Leeds dominating the play. One of the only teams to ever do that under Bielsa's reign there. 

There was one stat I read cant remember exactly maybe attacking touches in the final third. And it was the worst under Bielsa in that game that he has ever had.

We really did a number on them like no other especially in that second half. 

And personally I believe that was all down to how Monk set us up.

That’s interesting. Yes, I thought we would have started with Lee, although maybe there was a thought that we wouldn’t get 90 mins out of him, I don’t know. Leeds weren’t very good, in fact they were poor, and I’m certain a lot of that was down to the way we played. Not sure we were able to expose that supposed weakness in the air though. Bringing in Nuhiu though, was a master stroke, as he never gave their defenders a minutes rest. In fact, all our players were up for it, and that’s the main reason we made things difficult for Leeds

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s interesting. Yes, I thought we would have started with Lee, although maybe there was a thought that we wouldn’t get 90 mins out of him, I don’t know. Leeds weren’t very good, in fact they were poor, and I’m certain a lot of that was down to the way we played. Not sure we were able to expose that supposed weakness in the air though. Bringing in Nuhiu though, was a master stroke, as he never gave their defenders a minutes rest. In fact, all our players were up for it, and that’s the main reason we made things difficult for Leeds

The match was summed up perfectly by Bielsa making a defensive change to stop us bullying them at the back. 

When does Bielsa make defensive changes when his teams are not winning. 

They settled for a point for probably the first time since he has been there and that was down to the tactics of Monk. 

Third time in a row now he has had the better of Bielsa.

• Like 1

ff on left could be more like a proper 433 as he will be more attacking in final 3rd.

With his pace Harris might get more crosses in from the right than reach and he still tracks back well.

Top sides tend to have goal threats either side of a striker but in 14 games harris has scored 2, reach 1, its more a solid 4141 but dont think we'll score enough to go up if thats it for 85mins most games.

Id like to see ff get a fair chance in the last 25-30mins or so to hopefully prove himself in a 433.

With 442 2 slow strikers can invite pressure and dont rate ff that high up, but maybe deeper in a 4231 linking with harris and reach/luongo inbetween lines would be quite expansive too.

Might take a few 0-0's/0-1's to see any reactive changes to the forward line tho,

but a proper 433 would be interesting, even for last 3rd of a game imo

1 minute ago, Ash77 said:

ff on left could be more like a proper 433 as he will be more attacking in final 3rd.

With his pace Harris might get more crosses in from the right than reach and he still tracks back well.

Top sides tend to have goal threats either side of a striker but in 14 games harris has scored 2, reach 1, its more a solid 4141 but dont think we'll score enough to go up if thats it for 85mins most games.

Id like to see ff get a fair chance in the last 25-30mins or so to hopefully prove himself in a 433.

With 442 2 slow strikers can invite pressure and dont rate ff that high up, but maybe deeper in a 4231 linking with harris and reach/luongo inbetween lines would be quite expansive too.

Might take a few 0-0's/0-1's to see any reactive changes to the forward line tho,

but a proper 433 would be interesting, even for last 3rd of a game imo

That’s pretty much how I see it