Succession

Chris_B_SWFC

How did I not know about this until last week? 

What a show...This is the real deal, has to be the next big thing. One of the very best things I’ve ever seen on TV. Watched both seasons in just over a week, just couldn’t get enough. Great cast, incredible writing and acting, genuine laugh-out-loud moments with the dark humour.

The entire family is both likeable and detestable in their own ways. It’s like an adult Arrested Development almost. Really get some Six Feet Under vibes from it too with the whole dysfunctional family thing.

Can’t wait for season 3 now.  

It's got writing links to The Think of It and VEEP, through Jesse Armstrong. You can tell. It's very clever.

Then there's the story.......................never a straight line. And there are reasons which may or may not become apparent.

Get watching is my recommendation

On 27/10/2019 at 23:18, Chris_B_SWFC said:

How did I not know about this until last week? 

What a show...This is the real deal, has to be the next big thing. One of the very best things I’ve ever seen on TV. Watched both seasons in just over a week, just couldn’t get enough. Great cast, incredible writing and acting, genuine laugh-out-loud moments with the dark humour.

The entire family is both likeable and detestable in their own ways. It’s like an adult Arrested Development almost. Really get some Six Feet Under vibes from it too with the whole dysfunctional family thing.

Can’t wait for season 3 now.  

It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bloody good! Whoa! So so so so good! The writing and acting is phenomenal, is good as it gets in television, the children are so amazingly written and acted, all so broken, damaged, vulnerable in their own way but without playing to tropes or being trite. Have to of course include Tom in with the children (and Gregg too), really hard to say who does the best acting on there, not familiar with all of the actors but Matthew Macfadyen is amazing! Cast completely against type (based on watching him in Spooks!) he is fantastic in this!

Huge kudos of course to Brian Cox, one of the all time great character actors who IMO never gets the plaudits he deserves, by far my favourite Hannibal Lecter in the fantastic Mindhunter movie, for anyone who hasn't seen it here's a snippet:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Mrs H and I watched E1 last night.

Its a bit weird. Does it improve or stay weird?

IMO you have to give all shows at least 3 eps to form an opinion and especially to "learn" the characters, who they are, what makes them tick, their dreams, hopes, motivations and desire, etc. For me it's brilliant and one of the best TV shows in recent years 🙂