Iorfa for England?

14 hours ago, james o connor said:

Shall we just enjoy his good form before getting a tiny bit carried away. There were plenty on here touting Tom lees as an England player a few years ago. Iorfa is quality for us , but he’s a miles off. 

spot on bud,1or 2 on here do get excited easily ffs

3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Depends how much they offer, when good money comes in for a player we need to accept and re-build other areas of the team. We have a lot of central defenders and only 1 consistent striker.

What’s good money then ?

26 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

spot on bud,1or 2 on here do get excited easily ffs

You're right of course.. let's wait until he's got a couple of world cup finals under his belt..

If McGuire is 4 times better ....then our lads worth £20million ..is he 4 times better?... Let's say 8 times better and we trade at 10..

15 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What I will say to the doubters.

3 years ago, who would we say was better. Tom Lees or Harry Maguire?

Which if those is now still in the 2nd division and which is playing for one of the biggest clubs in world football and played in a world cup?

We would say Tom lees. Everyone else would say maguire.

11 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

You probably know that he's Welsh. He could well be called up soon on recent form though.

born in Chelmsford...now I’m no Michael Palin but I’m sure that’s in Essex?? 

He’s only registered U21 appearance’s for Wales so I stand by original comment...get him in the England squad with Iorfa. 

13 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

born in Chelmsford...now I’m no Michael Palin but I’m sure that’s in Essex?? 

He’s only registered U21 appearance’s for Wales so I stand by original comment...get him in the England squad with Iorfa. 

Fair play. I agree then. Get him in the England squad :)

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
52 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What I will say to the doubters.

3 years ago, who would we say was better. Tom Lees or Harry Maguire?

Which if those is now still in the 2nd division and which is playing for one of the biggest clubs in world football and played in a world cup?

3 years ago Maguire had only played in less than half of Hull’s games on their way to beating us at Wembley. Lees was at the pinnacle of his performances for us and played nearly every game.

Because Hull got promoted he managed to break in to their PL side the year after and the rest is history. He has something that a lot of centre backs don’t have and that’s presence, stature and ability to bring the ball out. Lees can’t do that. Iorfa could maybe do that.. and he has pace too. He would need a run of games at PL level.. wouldn’t be impossible that we go up this year, he impresses next year and moves for £50m to a top 6 team. Standard of defending by some of them isn’t all that

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

3 years ago Maguire had only played in less than half of Hull’s games on their way to beating us at Wembley. Lees was at the pinnacle of his performances for us and played nearly every game.

Because Hull got promoted he managed to break in to their PL side the year after and the rest is history. He has something that a lot of centre backs don’t have and that’s presence, stature and ability to bring the ball out. Lees can’t do that. Iorfa could maybe do that.. and he has pace too. He would need a run of games at PL level.. wouldn’t be impossible that we go up this year, he impresses next year and moves for £50m to a top 6 team. Standard of defending by some of them isn’t all that

Had we have gone up instead of Hull, everything you describe and what I said would be flipped. Until he played for Leicester, Maguire was a hoof it first defender.

Had we been promoted in 2016 Lees would have got a call up at the least for England.

32 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Had we have gone up instead of Hull, everything you describe and what I said would be flipped. Until he played for Leicester, Maguire was a hoof it first defender.

Had we been promoted in 2016 Lees would have got a call up at the least for England.

But we didn't get promoted because hull had better players like Maguire over lees lol

15 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I wouldnt have been so sure.  Where is Lewis Dunk's call up. Much better than Tom Lees has ever been.

Perhaps he has been called up then I stand corrected.

Still took along time of him being a premier league player is more my point.

Edited by pazowl55

To be fair he’s a similar type of player to Mings. Played full back majority of his career, moved to CB and shone. Big, strong, fast and can look a bit awkward sometimes. 

If Mings can why can’t Iorfa. He’d have to get us promoted first though.