Squadtastic Mate

We keep losing what at the time seem key players to bans (in Nando’s case) and injuries, YET STILL WE KEEP PLODDING ON PICKING UP POINTS.

Is this the best and strongest squad we’ve had for some time? I’m struggling to find real weaknesses at the moment.

Most improved players over the last couple of seasons are possibly Palmer and Fox imho and it’s a joy to see. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I think when you look at the subs bench and see KL having to bide his time for a start, you know things are improving.

Dare we believe this could be the season?

I think there has definitely been an improvement in performances. Monk has certai ly tightened up the back. but the forward line still needs work.

I honestly believe we are a work in progress, but not yet a premiership side.

The thing which worries me is the number of injuries we seem to pick up when warming up.. I cannot see where the players are over-straining themselves and wonder if the new Desso pitch (God forbid) and the watering of the pitch , making the surface slippy has anything to do with it, Possibly a studs issue?

Say what you will about our recruitment over the last few years but for a number of reasons (ffp mainly) we've had to stick at it will the same players on the most part, I think that's really helped gel the team. Real difference this season is the manager though

Edited by keepitsteel89

Personally I think the squad this season is the strongest since Captain Dejphon took over. I said at the start of the season that on paper it's definitely the most balanced.

The recruitment this summer was spot on, strengthened where we needed it, no more of the scattergun approach and we even did good outgoing business too!