Joey falls into the same category as Jones did recently. Because he doesn't charge around at break neck speed and put crunching tackles in, like Hutch, people are quick to get on his back.

No nonsense players like Joey are invaluable to a team. He does and did his job on Saturday, breaking up a lot of their play, and when he did, he passed the ball off to the supposed skillful more flair orientated players.

He didnt look match fit for me, but did put a shift in, and with Bannan as his CM partner, he was always going to be under pressure.

I thought he did ok in the circumstances along with the whole team, who really did work  very hard to stop Leeds from playing their normal game.

17 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Lees for me will have to bide his time, no reason to drop Borner (unless this injury is long term) will have to wait till he loses form or is out injured and I'm an admirer of Lees.

Completely agree, I meant Lees would have initially been on the bench had he been fit and would have replaced Borner when he got injured in the warm-up., 

2 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

1 time on sat I didn't like was when we started to go forward and the ball comes to Joey but he runs it backwards, iorfa takes it off him and just steams up the pitch.

To be fair you just described both players best attributes.    Pelupessy keeps possession and Iorfa says "i'm having some of this" and strides up the pitch with the ball at his feet.

Edited by Salmonbones

Ironic isn't it when the Arsenal guy is all over the news after getting stick when he comes off.Every man and his dog has a view and it doesn't do a massive club like them any credit.

I watch my club with passion,good or bad,and would never boo one of our players,put my head in my hands at times,roll my eyes,shake my head ,but boo,not a chance .

Joey since his first game here has been the one fist pumping the fans,don't make him a great player but gives his all.In the end the manager plays him ,I support the player.

I thought Joey was the weak link on sat too. Watched 2nd half back and it seemed even more clear to me then, just not good enough on the ball.

Was only 250k signing but a certain CB who's been immense for us all season was signed for the same price so it shows you can spend money much wiser.

10 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Joey falls into the same category as Jones did recently. Because he doesn't charge around at break neck speed and put crunching tackles in, like Hutch, people are quick to get on his back.

No nonsense players like Joey are invaluable to a team. He does and did his job on Saturday, breaking up a lot of their play, and when he did, he passed the ball off to the supposed skillful more flair orientated players.

He didnt look match fit for me, but did put a shift in, and with Bannan as his CM partner, he was always going to be under pressure.

I thought he did ok in the circumstances along with the whole team, who really did work  very hard to stop Leeds from playing their normal game.

He does charge around at breakneck speed.

Unfortunately he’s often not actually good enough to get close enough, often enough 

Seems like a wonderful guy, but way short of the quality needed at this level. Would probably be a decent captain for Donny or someone like that.