Just a nod to the Chairman.

1 minute ago, darra said:

It's not just the cost of match tickets which I agree are too high. It's things like lack.of parking and safe parking which by all accounts on here is getting worse puts people off.  Add to that if you've got a couple of hours drive and the prospect of sitting in traffic it's not an attractive proposition for some. Not a popular thought I know but moving to a new site could be an option to improve things.

They wouldn't go regardless. Maybe for a little bit then they'd bugger off like usual.

Not moving stadium to appease some fans who live over 100 miles from Hillsborough on the off chance they decide to go instead of doing the gardening again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Decent start to the season and a chance to break into the top 6?

Remember, our season derailed that year 3 nights later in a 7-0 mauling in Manchester.

So after beating Reading and breaking into the top 6...11'000 went awol against Ipswich?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

What happens is..Fans fall out with the game after being away for a while...If you go a few years without being able to afford it...the odd "one off" offer seems derisory, and in all honesty you aren't bloody bothered anyhow...So its a convenient excuse....

If however you lowered season ticket prices..say just for the Kop and the North...The South is the Grandstand, with probably the best facilities and view...

You are giving those fans a valid reason to return.

For clubs like Wednesday and areas like Sheffield..outlandish pricing for a game thats on the telly.. especially with an early kick off..and the absolute f.ookin' about by SAG/SYP ain't going to work

Agree (I think if I’ve understood it)

Kop season tickets should be £15 a match - rubbish stand get the 18-25 age group there - rowdy atmosphere (a bit like that tramp stand at Leeds but bigger) - match day tickets £20

North & South £50 less than current early bird prices 

Then if you don’t waste £10m plus wages on has been strikers you’ve got yourself a club!!!

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

They wouldn't go regardless. Maybe for a little bit then they'd bugger off like usual.

Not moving stadium to appease some fans who live over 100 miles from Hillsborough on the off chance they decide to go instead of doing the gardening again.

It could be locals as well. There's been some on here who aren't mobile saying they're having to reconsider going because the Wednesdayite car park has moved. Getting to and from Hillsborough is bad even without the new restrictions.

Edited by darra

1 hour ago, torres said:

Do you go for the opposition then?

So you want part timers to get in cheaply for all the “big team” games to the detriment of season ticket holders?

Needs sorting from the root of the problem - which is too high season ticket prices 

Sort that and you go someway to solving the problem - your way doesn’t work long term (or even short term as proved)

I dont want the " part timers " getting in cheap for any match , i dont want offers on full stop .

I want a reasonable price structure that is in line with the product on offer

The original tuesday night  Bolton line was in answer to posters saying offers dont increase the attendance 

Ever thought the part timers as you call them cant afford to go and would like to choose when they go not as a match picked for them  , a bit like me 

Edited by the monk

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats why you have to attract POTDers..isn't it?

By playing well on the pitch yes.

Under Jos would anyone have turned up even if prices were a tenner? No cos it was poor.

Under Monk, carry on as we are and head into 2020 in the top 6 and even though prices would be high people come back. Simple as.

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Under Jos would anyone have turned up even if prices were a tenner? No cos it was poor.

Under Monk, carry on as we are and head into 2020 in the top 6 and even though prices would be high people come back. Simple as.

Still doesn't explain nigh on 30'000 v reading does it?

Only pricing does............

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

This,100% spot on 

Playing man u or Liverpool and people would find the money 

Or top of league 

8 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

On a Tuesday night, after losing the previous 2 games?

Football fans are fickle, especially POTDers, get over it.

Over the season thousands of season ticket holders dont go but still get counted in the attendance, I've been to many a match and the crowd is announced and look round and think yeah right !

We will see how fickle season ticket holders can be next time we have a cup match £10 and £5 and 12k attend 

1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

This,100% spot on 

Playing man u or Liverpool and people would find the money 

Or top of league 

Agree some folk probably have the money, and won't pay the price....

How would you get SOME money off them when we are NOT playing Man U, Liverpool and aren't top of the league?

2 hours ago, the monk said:

The matches that have been tried are the tuesday night Bolton type games where even a lot of season ticket holders dont even bother.

Why should folk rock up for a hand picked crap match ?

It's like "well we know youve been priced out but could you help make up the numbers please"

Stop pratting about, make it affordable and if the product is good customers will come .

The fan base is still there but is going to take some winning back imo

2 of us would have been there yesterday but as soon as me and my mate saw £46 it was a straight "shove it"

Owlstalk ..probably the only forum in the world where a high percentage support high prices 

There we have it...

Excuses excuses... cold Tuesday night, crap opposition.

You go to support your team and not opposition. And bring a coat if you are cold 

Offer a cheap ticket deal and have it shoved back in your face.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Still doesn't explain nigh on 30'000 v reading does it?

Only pricing does............

OK.

Cheap tickets last season v Preston. Think they were a tenner with membership and 15 without? Week before Christmas, similar to the Bristol C game this year. First game after Jos's sacking. 22.3k turned up.

Previous 4 home matches under Jos. 

Norwich 23.4k

Derby 25k (decent away following)

Bolton 20.8k (midweek)

Rotherham 24.7k (local derby)

Explain that?

Where did the flock of fans with promise of cheap tickets go? Nowhere cos game was unattractive and we were playing poor.

Whereas v Reading, two teams near top of league at time, poor football but getting wins, fans turn up. It's not hard to understand why.

1 minute ago, the monk said:

Over the season thousands of season ticket holders dont go but still get counted in the attendance, I've been to many a match and the crowd is announced and look round and think yeah right !

We will see how fickle season ticket holders can be next time we have a cup match £10 and £5 and 12k attend 

21k went to Everton game mate, about 15k home fans.

Tickets were £20.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

OK.

Cheap tickets last season v Preston. Think they were a tenner with membership and 15 without? Week before Christmas, similar to the Bristol C game this year. First game after Jos's sacking. 22.3k turned up.

Previous 4 home matches under Jos. 

Norwich 23.4k

Derby 25k (decent away following)

Bolton 20.8k (midweek)

Rotherham 24.7k (local derby)

Explain that?

Where did the flock of fans with promise of cheap tickets go? Nowhere cos game was unattractive and we were playing poor.

Whereas v Reading, two teams near top of league at time, poor football but getting wins, fans turn up. It's not hard to understand why.

That doesn't explain near on 30'000 v Reading does it....?

Saturday... Chance of going top of ythe league...Leeds sell out....1'500 less?

Give over

Edited by asteener1867

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

There we have it...

Excuses excuses... cold Tuesday night, crap opposition.

You go to support your team and not opposition. And bring a coat if you are cold 

Offer a cheap ticket deal and have it shoved back in your face.

Who mentioned the cold ?

Who shoved anything back on anyone's face ?

Drama queen how many matches do you get to ?

Just now, the monk said:

We played 2nd in the league yesterday and a lot of blue seats turned up 

Can't sell tickets on North.

No trams.

Extra road traffic due to no trams.

Lack of parking due to extra cars due to no trams.

On TV.

Weather forecast terrible.

I wouldn't have gone yesterday either with all of those, had I not had a ST.

However, when I come out I was glad I did because yesterday reminded me why I love footy, why I go every week, and why I love Wednesday.