Just a nod to the Chairman.

3 minutes ago, torres said:

The last one was an important game on a Saturday afternoon and about 2k part timers bothered 

No one is supporting higher prices, most sensible ones are looking at it logically from DC’s point of view. 

He isn’t going to change it unless part timers prove him wrong 

If you expect him to have a ticket giveaway for matches where we get 27k at full whack then you’ll be disappointed 

I agree with DC in terms of looking after the loyal first, trouble is he’s set the price too high - drop season tickets by £100 across the board 

Who was the match against ? 

Not sure where I mentioned a ticket give away 

Edited by the monk

1 minute ago, the monk said:

Who was the match against ? 

From memory it wasn’t a “top” team but it was an important match as we were near the bottom as were the opposition 

I think it was Bolton and we drew - might be wrong though 

11 minutes ago, torres said:

From memory it wasn’t a “top” team but it was an important match as we were near the bottom as were the opposition 

I think it was Bolton and we drew - might be wrong though 

A Bolton type game then, as I said stop pratting about and sort the stupid prices out   clubs that historically have had lower gates than us are now averaging far more 

But perhaps I'm wrong,  maybe there is no more support out there and what we are seeing is our maximum support 

3 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

The closure of the North to all but STH is a real problem beyond the simple loss of capacity. Means that I can't entice a friend to occupy the empty seat next to me. Means that people either have opt for the south which is expensive and not everyone's cup of tea or the Kop where viewing isn't marvellous from many non STH seats

For your info - I'm a ST holder in the North. My son (who is not a ST holder) wanted to bring his son to the Wigan match with all 3 of us sitting together. A quick call to the Ticket Office and they allowed me to change my seat to the South for one match only, at no charge, and purchase 2 seats for my son and Grandson - all 3 of us together. As we live some distance away from the Ground we arranged to pick up the tickets on matchday from the South stand ticket office. The whole process was quick, easy, slick and went off without a hitch. Credit to the Ticket Office. Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

A Bolton type game then, as I said stop pratting about and sort the stupid prices out   clubs that historically have had lower gates than us are now averaging far more 

But perhaps I'm wrong,  maybe there is no more support out there and what we are seeing is our maximum support 

Do you go for the opposition then?

So you want part timers to get in cheaply for all the “big team” games to the detriment of season ticket holders?

Needs sorting from the root of the problem - which is too high season ticket prices 

Sort that and you go someway to solving the problem - your way doesn’t work long term (or even short term as proved)

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, the monk said:

There’s easily another 5-10k who would go if the prices were consistently lower if we were in top 6 form.

There’s no point in changing the prices for one off games as nobody hears about it. Part timers if they have the impression it’s expensive just stop bothering to look at what prices are.

Need to just have a set season ticket price for each stand, none of this phases business. Then make POTG 15% more expensive than that. Cut prices across the board, probably by 30% and see attendences rise 20%. The lost revenue wouldn’t be huge.. and then just reduce the playing budget so that overall losses are £13m a year or whatever Chansiri can lose.

Its not like there isn’t excess in the playing  budget given we’ve spent £16m on Rhodes fee and wages over 4 years and he doesn’t play. This season the squad seems less wasteful but it’s been bad in previous seasons.

Deciding what you’re going to spend and then randomly trying to raise the revenue for it is a backward way of doing things. Most businesses work out what their sales can be at a given price, then use that to set the budget. 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Plenty will turn up and pay the prices if we are doing well

Where's the other 20 thousand who was at Wembley ,happy to pay 90 quid a ticket? 

We’re doing well now though and they aren’t turning up in big numbers..

And the Wembley game is a one off.. people will pay that for the experience. What they won’t do is pay £46 for a home game that’s live on Sky

Prices need cutting for everyone, attendences will go up and offset a big part of the lost revenue 

4 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Plenty will turn up and pay the prices if we are doing well

Where's the other 20 thousand who was at Wembley ,happy to pay 90 quid a ticket? 

Wembley is simply a day trip....its totally different..

are gillingham. millwall , Wigan etc missing 30'000 supporters?

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Wembley is simply a day trip....its totally different..

are gillingham. millwall , Wigan etc missing 30'000 supporters?

Agreed.

It happens to most clubs (apart from Hull) 

These “missing fans” wouldn’t turn up regularly if it was £15 a match - DC has recognised this hence the match day pricing 

The principle is right, the execution isn’t 

Its obvious people will pay whatever price if its suitable for them 

Wembley ,Huddersfield and Brighton playoffs come to mind

Big crowds at big prices 

Pricing is silly but most use it as a excuse 

DC has done the cheap ticket games and its made no difference to attendances 

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, torres said:

Agreed.

It happens to most clubs (apart from Hull) 

These “missing fans” wouldn’t turn up regularly if it was £15 a match - DC has recognised this hence the match day pricing 

The principle is right, the execution isn’t 

Don’t need them all to turn up.. just 20% of them which would be more than achievable with cheaper tickets

What happens is..Fans fall out with the game after being away for a while...If you go a few years without being able to afford it...the odd "one off" offer seems derisory, and in all honesty you aren't bloody bothered anyhow...So its a convenient excuse....

If however you lowered season ticket prices..say just for the Kop and the North...The South is the Grandstand, with probably the best facilities and view...

You are giving those fans a valid reason to return.

For clubs like Wednesday and areas like Sheffield..outlandish pricing for a game thats on the telly.. especially with an early kick off..and the absolute f.ookin' about by SAG/SYP ain't going to work

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Big crowds at big prices 

They’re all special games though and there’s much less price elasticity. People want to be there to say they were there when we got back to the PL

Normal league games are much more price elastic. Cheap ticket games are a waste of time because people decide that there’s no way they’d pay £40+ to watch a game of football, so they stop bothering and just follow us on TV, radio or online. Cutting prices for a one off game doesn’t work because these people decide at the start of the season they’re not going and have no idea that prices are even being reduced

I know loads of people that might go to 5 games a season if prices were normal (i.e. £25ish) but they flat out refuse to pay more. When you compare it to other ways of spending your money it’s not good value

5 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Big crowds at big prices 

Reading 2014...30'000...Why was that if not the prices?

It was September...It was Reading...they probably brought the usual minibus...

Why was it?

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

There’s easily another 5-10k who would go if the prices were consistently lower if we were in top 6 form.

There’s no point in changing the prices for one off games as nobody hears about it. Part timers if they have the impression it’s expensive just stop bothering to look at what prices are.

Need to just have a set season ticket price for each stand, none of this phases business. Then make POTG 15% more expensive than that. Cut prices across the board, probably by 30% and see attendences rise 20%. The lost revenue wouldn’t be huge.. and then just reduce the playing budget so that overall losses are £13m a year or whatever Chansiri can lose.

Its not like there isn’t excess in the playing  budget given we’ve spent £16m on Rhodes fee and wages over 4 years and he doesn’t play. This season the squad seems less wasteful but it’s been bad in previous seasons.

Deciding what you’re going to spend and then randomly trying to raise the revenue for it is a backward way of doing things. Most businesses work out what their sales can be at a given price, then use that to set the budget. 

It's not just the cost of match tickets which I agree are too high. It's things like lack.of parking and safe parking which by all accounts on here is getting worse puts people off.  Add to that if you've got a couple of hours drive and the prospect of sitting in traffic it's not an attractive proposition for some. Not a popular thought I know but moving to a new site could be an option to improve things.

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Reading 2014...30'000...Why was that if not the prices?

It was September...It was Reading...they probably brought the usual minibus...

Why was it?

Decent start to the season and a chance to break into the top 6?

Remember, our season derailed that year 3 nights later in a 7-0 mauling in Manchester.

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

They’re all special games though and there’s much less price elasticity. People want to be there to say they were there when we got back to the PL

Normal league games are much more price elastic. Cheap ticket games are a waste of time because people decide that there’s no way they’d pay £40+ to watch a game of football, so they stop bothering and just follow us on TV, radio or online. Cutting prices for a one off game doesn’t work because these people decide at the start of the season they’re not going and have no idea that prices are even being reduced

I know loads of people that might go to 5 games a season if prices were normal (i.e. £25ish) but they flat out refuse to pay more. When you compare it to other ways of spending your money it’s not good value

And there's my point ,people will pay whatever the price is if we are doing well 

Footballs a business not a charity 

Hard to believe but DC doesn't give a flying $hit about any of us ,just our wallets ,like any other business man 

If people can't be bothered to come at cheap prices, why should he bother reducing them ? 

Yes the prices are stupidly high but there is no evidence that fans will turn up if they are cheaper 

DC  looks at the money coming in not whose coming in