Just a nod to the Chairman.

15 minutes ago, torres said:

I’d love to see a full stadium-it could make such a difference, both on field and off field. 

It needs to start with bringing the cost of season tickets down. 

We have around 21k supporters that have dug deep to support their club - the club can’t pander to the part timer/casual attender to the determinant of the season ticket holder - because ultimately that would reduce overall attendance 

The problem DC has (of his own doing) is the multi year season tickets that are priced so wrongly - so we are stuck for 3 or 4 years 

I would say there is plenty of wriggle room with prices before we get near to what st holders pay per game 

£46 for a tv game is foolish 

13 minutes ago, the monk said:

I would say there is plenty of wriggle room with prices before we get near to what st holders pay per game 

£46 for a tv game is foolish 

What is the final phase for a south stand season ticket cost? 

The early bird works out at £28 a game I think 

Therefore the final phase is going to be over £35 at least 

Which makes £46 about right for a one off with the prices set as they are.

As I stated previously- season tickets are far to expensive 

The closure of the North to all but STH is a real problem beyond the simple loss of capacity. Means that I can't entice a friend to occupy the empty seat next to me. Means that people either have opt for the south which is expensive and not everyone's cup of tea or the Kop where viewing isn't marvellous from many non STH seats

I know I may be going down a different road to what the OP intended here but.

For those that cannot attend 23 games or afford the cost of a ST in 1 lump sum, what about the idea of a Season Seat Ticket (SST) where a set fee is or can be paid for over 3 months (May/June/July) 

For Eg: Adult Prices. 

Kop £250 

North / South £350

This payment then guarantees your seat for all League games upto 24 hours before kick off with a £10 cost per game. 

If the 24 hour Pay Before Kick Off (PBKO) is not purchased then a £10 admission fee Pay On The Day (POTD) is available but your seat is NOT guaranteed.

Your seat is also offered to you for the match cost for cup games, up to 72 hours before kick off. 

Eg: League for Kop

A -  SST £250 + £10 per game = £480

Or

B - SST £175 + £15 per game = £520

The SST fee is NON refundable so the more games you attend the cheaper the match day ticket. 

Eg: A

1 game attended = £260 per game

23 games attended = £21 per game

The SST also allows you to share if there are issues that affect you attending games throughout the season. 

I think we forget that prior to Chansiri attendances even with cheaper tickets were around 19,000 to 22,000. Since the play off years that's increased to 23,000 to 27,000 with the higher prices. 

Appreciate we all want cheaper tickets but it's hard to argue that from a business standpoint Chansiri has got it about right. Plus no evidence to support that knocking a tenner off the day to day prices would significantly increase attendances. It's even possible doing so would deter people from purchasing season tickets.

58 minutes ago, james o connor said:

The prices are stupidly wrong . We have a Sunday sky game against Bristol few days before Xmas this game should be 10 quid get as many in and hopefully some will keep come back . We all know it will be prices start from 33 quid on the kop. Doesn’t encourage anybody 

I know what you are saying but it’s been tried and for all the good intentions it’s failed.

It is the chance to show DC if tickets were cheaper we can fill the ground - part timers haven’t taken it up (for whatever reason) so he keeps the prices as they are. 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

The prices are stupidly wrong . We have a Sunday sky game against Bristol few days before Xmas this game should be 10 quid get as many in and hopefully some will keep come back . We all know it will be prices start from 33 quid on the kop. Doesn’t encourage anybody 

But doesn't that just encourage fans to come when there is an offer on?  

It's a minefield to be fair there are larger overheads when more come at lower prices, less overheads when less come but pay more.  

6 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

But doesn't that just encourage fans to come when there is an offer on?  

It's a minefield to be fair there are larger overheads when more come at lower prices, less overheads when less come but pay more.  

Less people in the ground means less revenue generated inside the ground. Its false economy to charge inflated , rip  off prices for tickets.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

How many have come back after previous cheap offers?

They will find an excuse not to go, time to accept we just dont have the fanbase beyond a decent hardcore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

I think POTG prices are too high.

I am an advocate of cheaper ticket pricing options.

We need to encourage University students and kids and families etc.

I'm just aware that running a football club is an expensive business.

swings and roundabouts, running a club is fantastically expensive, running one near the top of the division and in need of additions is about to get more so.

44 minutes ago, torres said:

I know what you are saying but it’s been tried and for all the good intentions it’s failed.

It is the chance to show DC if tickets were cheaper we can fill the ground - part timers haven’t taken it up (for whatever reason) so he keeps the prices as they are. 

The matches that have been tried are the tuesday night Bolton type games where even a lot of season ticket holders dont even bother.

Why should folk rock up for a hand picked crap match ?

It's like "well we know youve been priced out but could you help make up the numbers please"

Stop pratting about, make it affordable and if the product is good customers will come .

The fan base is still there but is going to take some winning back imo

2 of us would have been there yesterday but as soon as me and my mate saw £46 it was a straight "shove it"

Owlstalk ..probably the only forum in the world where a high percentage support high prices 

3 minutes ago, the monk said:

The matches that have been tried are the tuesday night Bolton type games where even a lot of season ticket holders dont even bother.

Why should folk rock up for a hand picked crap match ?

It's like "well we know youve been priced out but could you help make up the numbers please"

Stop pratting about, make it affordable and if the product is good customers will come .

The fan base is still there but is going to take some winning back imo

2 of us would have been there yesterday but as soon as me and my mate saw £46 it was a straight "shove it"

Owlstalk ..probably the only forum in the world where a high percentage support high prices 

The last one was an important game on a Saturday afternoon and about 2k part timers bothered 

No one is supporting higher prices, most sensible ones are looking at it logically from DC’s point of view. 

He isn’t going to change it unless part timers prove him wrong 

If you expect him to have a ticket giveaway for matches where we get 27k at full whack then you’ll be disappointed 

I agree with DC in terms of looking after the loyal first, trouble is he’s set the price too high - drop season tickets by £100 across the board 

3 hours ago, torres said:

What is the final phase for a south stand season ticket cost? 

The early bird works out at £28 a game I think 

Therefore the final phase is going to be over £35 at least 

Which makes £46 about right for a one off with the prices set as they are.

As I stated previously- season tickets are far to expensive 

Probably about dozen have final phase tickets imo.