Suddenly short at Centre Half

To say we had our best player so far this season out today our defence was immense. Our captain and best defender in recent years has been out a while and cannot reasonably expect to start when fit and suddenly Fox looks a player. The defence is in great nick and is the least of our worries 

3 hours ago, Mr. Chow said:

Isn’t Lee’s back ? 

doesnt matter. shouldnt be in the team regardless. fair play to tom lees hes served us well, but its time to advance, and I think we are finally doing that with Iorfa and Borner. Hutch is also twice the player Lees is, in any position, as he showed today. Thornily also, given the chance. 

sorry Lee's, but get to the back of a very strong queue.

Guest LondonOwl313
3 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Lees has been nearly fit for nearly a month, i've seen nothing of Monk to suggest he sees any value in Thorniley, and I don't know if Bates is anywhere near match fit and we have a few players on yellows close to the cusp of being suspended.

Today we lacked cover big time.

We have 3 top quality centre backs at this level plus Hutchinson who can play there. Plus we have Thorniley and Bates. That’s 6 players for 2 positions, 3 of which are fully fit, one of which is very close to being fit and another which pulled out of the game today at short notice with something that probably will be sorted by next weekend. It’s hardly a problem position, it’s pretty much the only one where we can sustain multiple injuries and not weaken the line up too much. Imagine if Fletcher got injured, then we’d have an actual problem 

3 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Hutchinson had an immense game.   Iorfa has had a great season playing at centre half

How long is Borner out for because we now look very short suddenly!

However well done Hutchinson, immensely professional performance coming in at short notice.

Watching it back on sky now, and I can't believe the pundits were suggesting Palmer or Odubajo could have come in at centre half because Hutchinson is not natural there!   Do these people not watch us other than when we are on TV?!!!

Err Thorniley is potentially our best CH chill Winston 

20 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Err Thorniley is potentially our best CH chill Winston 

He certainly does have a certain bit of class about him. I really hope we can nuture him and develop him. But to do that he needs game time. And that wont be easy with the way Iorfa and Borner are playing.

Definitely something for managment to ponder.

21 minutes ago, steelerian said:

He certainly does have a certain bit of class about him. I really hope we can nuture him and develop him. But to do that he needs game time. And that wont be easy with the way Iorfa and Borner are playing.

Definitely something for managment to ponder.

If he doesn't break through this season then he may have to go and play for Juventus

8 hours ago, Brommers said:

Who?

Copied from london owl 

'We have 3 top quality centre backs at this level (iorfa, borner, lees) plus Hutchinson who can play there. Plus we have Thorniley and Bates. That’s 6 players for 2 positions, 3 of which are fully fit'

Just now, gurujuan said:

I thought Thorniley would have started yesterday, keeping that left right combination, and allowing the midfield to stay the same. However, Hutchinson did well there (no surprise really) and Joey had a decent game, so all goodw

Was he originally in the bench? 

Hutchinson is not only our best centre back, he’s the best in the division....he should be first choice there and it’s the managers decision whether Borner, Lees or Iorfa partners him.

For me it would be Borner with Iorfa at RB and Lee, Bannan and Luongo in the middle