My take

19 hours ago, Bukta said:

Pretty much my thoughts exactly vulva. The only thing I though we got slightly wrong today was not giving FF at least 20 mins.

I was sat thinking the same but then I thought - the 2 big lads upfront was working - (and I'm a Nuihu knocker !) - change it and you risk upsetting the balance. A firing FF is a real threat but we couldn't afford a passenger yesterday, not even for 20 minutes. Difficult decision for GM but I think he got it right for such a tight match.

3 hours ago, prowl said:

If we played like that against Stoke we would have steamrollered them rather than grinding out the win. That's the frustrating thing about Wednesday. Remember the first 2 years under CC? We would play great against top teams and lose against anyone on a bad run or in the bottom 3.

The aren't losing much to anyone now but we do seem to get a goal then go into our shell and hang on or concede in the last few minutes against teams we are superior to. I suppose it doesn't matter if we are picking up points but it does make your eyes bleed at times particularly after a great display yesterday.

If results go against us today we could be down to 6th but I think we are getting stronger every game and I think the best is yet to come. I think we are top 4 potentially if we don't get too many injuries.

True, but my point was that we conserved ourselves against Stoke and still got the win (after they’d beaten Swansea and Fulham in the two games before they played us). We didn’t need to go all out, we got the job done and went all out against Leeds (3rd game in 8 days). 5 points from those 3 games aren’t bad at all.

• Thanks 1