My take

That’s the best we’ve played this season. lorfa was immense, as was Hutch. We missed Hutch in midfield but he would add 3 years into his career if he converted to a centre half. 

We should have won 3-0. I wanted Cowley, but Monk has done a brilliant job. We’ve come close this last few years trying to play sexy football, but this more pragmatic style might just be the ticket. Give Monk what he wants in January. I wouldn’t want to play us in the playoffs. 

• Like 4

I thought we were going to get beaten easily today and sitting third in the table was a false reading but after that I'm much not positive about the rest of the season and now believe we can compete for promotion. 

It's even more remarkable considering we lost our manager just before the start of the season

• Like 2

I dont think we deserved to win today 3-0 but we were only team who did deserve to win though, maybe 1-0 would have been a fair reflection.

Was most impressed with way we coped with Borner late injury.

Maybe if being ultra critical we lacked a slight cutting edge up front.

Nuihu and Fletcher are too similar to play up front regular but overall a good performance.

28 minutes ago, vulva said:

That’s the best we’ve played this season. lorfa was immense, as was Hutch. We missed Hutch in midfield but he would add 3 years into his career if he converted to a centre half. 

We should have won 3-0. I wanted Cowley, but Monk has done a brilliant job. We’ve come close this last few years trying to play sexy football, but this more pragmatic style might just be the ticket. Give Monk what he wants in January. I wouldn’t want to play us in the playoffs. 

Play offs? We're 1 or 2 players off being top 2 material.

Absolutely no reason we can't go for it.

39 minutes ago, vulva said:

Pretty much my thoughts exactly vulva. The only thing I though we got slightly wrong today was not giving FF at least 20 mins.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Monks been great so far, best choice for me. He's my kind of manager, no nonsense and with a pragmatic approach to management and style. 

With All team games no matter what sport your playing the FIRST THING you need to do is win the initial battle which them allows you to play more expansive football. 

I have mentioned in other threads I am currently watching this back and one thing I am particularly happy on is Iorfa.

If his performance today was under our porcine friends and Wilder, it would have been lauded as something spectacular with his exploits going forwards.

I can pick out a few players today to heap praise on, but my main focus would be Iorfa.   I have no clue how we got this man on the cheap, and I feel we need to find a way to play to his strengths a little bit more because this bloke has a lot in his locker that we can utilise an awful lot more.

A great defender, if not gangling and unorthodox - but going forward he scares defenders and can be an absolute threat.

I've been more than pleased with Monk so far and believe the players are buying into what he wants.

I think we recruited well in the summer and those players have settled quickly. Bullen deserves credit after the disaster of Bruce going and the FF fiasco (thanks FA) and of course the P&S sideshow. So it's a credit we've done as we have. 

My only doubt, which I think we'd need to be a top 2 (rather than playoff mix) is 1) are we clinical enough over a season and 2) I'm waiting for Monk to show us he can change a game/wrestle control back with his changes. We've had good results (don't get me wrong I'm pleased as punch at the minute) but a manager can earn wins from draws and draws from defeats with his determination to affect/change game, even if we are going OK.  Not be reactive or late with his subs, but seeing how we can push when on top or get us going when we are not in the game. At the minute he's more reactive in changes and not giving subs time to have an impact. But thats small pickings and he'll have time to work on that when it comes to the crunch and he's made us resilient, with an ethic of all for the cause, which is a cornerstone of any good team. 

Just a couple of the finer details I think we'll need to challenge longer term over the season. Of course a couple of inspired signings too in January wouldn't go amiss either to make sure injuries during a season don't have the be all and end all kind of impact we've seen all too often/before. 

We're going great guns and long may that continue. 

I think we missed out today with set plays. Monk obviously went with the front two because of Leeds lack of height but our delivery was poor. Saying that I’m far more confident than I was before the game, top six minimum top two if we get it right in January 

5 hours ago, vulva said:

3-0 might be pushing it. I’d have brought Odabajo on for Palmer who was blowing out of his arse 2nd half and FF 10 minutes earlier. 

I think the 0 is pushing it too. Fox made a great goal line block, Alioski hit the bar and Westwood did wonderfully to save Bamford's header.