Fox block

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

He's come through it well...Same happened to Mel Sterland for folk who remember that far back...........

And Buxton; must be something about full-backs at Hillsborough.

Palmer was written off as a League One player a few years ago as well.

49 minutes ago, Eastern said:

I can’t remember seeing a more improved player at Wednesday than Morgan Fox. He has done far better this season.

He's taken a lot of stick and worked hard to improve his game, so big credit to the lad. 

I also think the change in formation /style has helped him too. Fox is an orthodox old style fullback, when we were playing the narrow 4-4-2 and expecting him to almost play as a winger and a fullback he struggled as its not his natural game. Exellant again today and hopefully he keeps on improving. 

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Absolutely vital that was. I know there's a pechant in the modern game to have full backs who are more or less wingers, but I still like to see fullbacks who have it in their DNA to defend! Vital block. That's two goal line blocks saving 100% goals this season.

Defenders defending might just be one of the things that keeps us up there and abouts come may time.

Well done that man.

Best game for the club by a country mile. 

1 hour ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

He's done that quite a few times with us, he reads defensive danger really well, just a % of our "fans" refuse to ever give him credit.

Oh come on , he wasn’t very good a while back was he ?  he is playing well now, which is great , but to have a go at fans criticising him back then is that fair ? 

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Oh come on , he wasn’t very good a while back was he ?  he is playing well now, which is great , but to have a go at fans criticising him back then is that fair ? 

Yes it's very fair, only tosspots slag off their own players.

Currently in the best form of his swfc career and is actually playing really well. Today he was absolutely rock solid and involved heavily throughout the game

I guess just getting your head down, blocking out the boo boys and focusing on his football is working and long may continue!!

Apart from switching off for when Bamford got the free header I thought it was another solid performance from him. I've said it before but he rarely loses any aerial battles and his crossing isn't bad at all. Hope he keeps this up because he's definitely earned a starting role in the team.