Wednesday - V - L**ds

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

This morning is really dragging. Not helping the nerves. 

Football at 12:30 is horrible.   If you lose it puts you in a bad mood for the rest of the day (i.e for longer), if you win you kind of feel cheated because everyone else is still to play - plus it disjoints the day and makes the Saturday not yours.    a 3pm kick of gives you the morning to do what you want, be it with the kids, shopping, DIY etc but a 12:30 leaves you in limbo not able to do anything worth while.

13 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Football at 12:30 is horrible.   If you lose it puts you in a bad mood for the rest of the day (i.e for longer), if you win you kind of feel cheated because everyone else is still to play - plus it disjoints the day and makes the Saturday not yours.    a 3pm kick of gives you the morning to do what you want, be it with the kids, shopping, DIY etc but a 12:30 leaves you in limbo not able to do anything worth while.

Exactly how I feel! 

5 minutes ago, Derbyshirelad said:

Agree, early games awful.

Everyone's gonna get wee pi$$ed wet through too :wacko:

My lads got a poncho we got in disney when we got caught out with a flash downpour, my wife is adamant i'm going to send him down in it.   I'm not!    I'll stick it in my coat pocket just in case we can't get seats further back then the ones we pay for (6 rows back on the kop) and get rained on all game  - but at least we only live 10 minutes from the ground.

28 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

12:30's are class, full day on the ale after.