Recent Ex-Players - What they doing now ?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Kean

Buxton

Vernancio 

Sasso 

Pudil

Wallace

Lopez

Mcgugan 

Drenthe 

Hooper

Matias

Decent team that.

1 hour ago, Doctor Duran said:

I thought that.. but doesnt appear on there squad list

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/teams/first-team/

He resigned a short-term deal in August and it expired in September.

"Joey Barton explained that he had to let Ross Wallace leave Fleetwood Town to fund the loan signing of Jimmy Dunne from Burnley on transfer deadline day. Wallace had re-signed for Town on August 10 and that short-term deal came to end on Monday.

The 34-year-old midfielder, who made 38 Town appearances last season, came off the bench in four of this season’s first seven games. But when Wallace’s deal expired, Town boss Barton prioritised a central defender after captain Craig Morgan left by mutual consent. And the money saved on Wallace was used to fund the 21-year-old Dunne’s wages.

Barton said: “Ross had done fantastically well for us but we have all seen with the case going on at Bury that clubs have to balance the books. “I did not have a centre- half, so in essence I had to swap Jimmy Dunne for Ross Wallace because I needed cover in that area, especially with losing Morgs. That was the decision.

“Disappointed for Ross. I do still feel he has an awful lot to offer and I do feel that if we had more room in our budget I’d definitely have kept Ross on. “He was great for us last year – robust and played a load of games. “I have no doubt he will pop back up somewhere because he is a quality player. “We are disappointed to lose him as a man too because he has been fantastic around the group but you have to balance the books, that is football.”

Barton explained that Morgan, also 34, had fallen behind Harry Souttar, Peter Clarke and Ash Eastham in the pecking order after an injury-hit 2018-19. Barton said: “Morgs is in a slightly different situation. He got pushed down the pecking order really by the players that came in on loan and the players we had at the club."

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/joey-barton-sorry-ross-wallace-had-to-leave-fleetwood-town-1-9976438

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Emmanuel Diserwuve deserves more of a mention.

Never really hit our radar in our reserves. Scored very important goals in Salford’s rise to league football. Now playing league football again.

And that's probably why he didn't...it's Dieseruvwe. :duntmatter:

Guest Theboylangers
16 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Emmanuel Diserwuve deserves more of a mention.

Never really hit our radar in our reserves. Scored very important goals in Salford’s rise to league football. Now playing league football again.

Well Diserwuved if you ask me. 

Connor O'Grady now plays for Buxton, in the Northern Premier (level seven: two below the conference). I know this because I saw him play for them last week.

Early last season there was speculation that he might be one of the young players who could make it - perhaps a loan to somewhere higher up than Buxton.

I don't understand NP economics. I assume players are paid, but it is essentially part time: he'll maybe be studying something somewhere part time. The crowd was about 450, £10 on the gate.

You couldn't say he looked a cut above, but he played pretty well. I don't think you should judge a centre back chiefly on tackles rather than on reading of the game; but he did make one cracking tackle.

Buxton beat Witton Albion 2-0. Two really nice goals both score by a former Sheff U player Diego Di Girolamo, who I had never heard of, but had played first team a couple of times

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Wallace was best out of that lot

One of the best players in the league in his first season with us 

The guy was an absolute star that season . Scored some great and vital goals. Showed some attitude when it was needed and gave us some hilarious, never to be forgotten, moments.

I was sure he’d go to Fleetwood and reproduce that sort of form at the lower level. Sad to hear that circumstances have left him without a club.