'We were awful last night' - Give yer head a wobble!

6 minutes ago, horny owl said:

If some people think last night was bad I’m watching Huddersfield v Boro and it’s making my eyes bleed

Terrible clueless drivel 

If we don’t get promoted this season from this crappy league we probably never will

Yep.

Awful game.

We are much better team than these two.

I reckon we are set up to do well away from home at the moment. Really well organised, but perhaps struggling to impose ourselves on teams when the onus is on us to attack.

Give it time. 

10 minutes ago, horny owl said:

If some people think last night was bad I’m watching Huddersfield v Boro and it’s making my eyes bleed

Terrible clueless drivel 

If we don’t get promoted this season from this crappy league we probably never will

I'm.watching too. At least our players are motivated. These arent.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I wouldn’t say “we” were awful last night. Defensively, and tactically we were excellent. As a spectator, the match was bleeding awful though!

2 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I wouldn’t say “we” were awful last night. Defensively, and tactically we were excellent. As a spectator, the match was bleeding awful though!

I think that's totally fair. But personally I do get some pleasure from being so tight at the back.

lol

• Haha 4

Must have watched a different game to me because although there was a lack of goalmouth action there was always something happening in game, both teams gave everything.

I even spotted Adam Reach putting some strong challenges in. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
5 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

I think that's totally fair. But personally I do get some pleasure from being so tight at the back.

lol

WTF:

3 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

At least Monk has some credibility. Woodgate is a notorious thicko. How on earth did he get that job? Gibson has totally lost it.

I've just been watching it, tbf Boro were slightly better of two sides and might have won if Assobolongo wasn't so poo.

I enjoyed the game, it was a bit stop start because of all the injuries, but we had good performances all over the pitch, okay we weren't fluent in our play but we weren't bad.

I thought Loungo was excellent before he went off

I couldn't understand the tactic of constantly firing long balls up for Reach to contest on the wing, going for headers isn't Reach's game, but we persisted with it

The main thing that spoils games for me is referees, I can take a defeat, I can take a poor performance, but 90% of games me and my son just talk about the referee, fortunately last night we got a good one

We looked solid as a team, and that's the way to get out of this division, Carlos had us playing glorious football in that first season, but we're no better off for it

The way to get promoted is to be a solid unit, Monk knows this

It might not be pretty but it's effective

• Like 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I feel some posters don’t watch enough championship football of other teams if they feel we are that terrible. 
Cardiff got promoted with the lowest possession stats in the league. 
We’re just missing a creative spark, send PL winger Murphy back to Newcastle in January and replace him for someone better and we’ll be in good shape. Monk can’t fix everything before a transfer window 

Being honest it was an awful game in which both sides cancelled each other out. 
it was the lack of fluency and planning that annoyed me.  To be fair Loungo got forward and looks a good asset but the performance was so dis jointed and there was no plan B.  
FF was a like for like and nothing changed. 
A draw would have been a fair result and we’d be down in 8 th or 9th now and there would be grumblings. 
it is a fine line in this league but Saturday is a huge game where we could really make a statement.  Hoping for a Carlsberg Saturday, Eng rugby win and then a result at Weeds. 

• Like 1

Accept the reality.

The premiership is weak.

As a natural result it follows the subsequent leagues are weak. 

The last World Cup showed how weak world football is at current time. 

Therefore we can only be grateful the league we compete in isn’t scary, and we can only beat what’s in front of us. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

We weren’t awful it was just boring to watch. We did a job, got a result.  
If we played like that in 3 games in a row and lost people would be angry mad though.  

as long as it works all is good.  Tbh though I don’t like us sitting back and inviting teams on like we have in the last two games because we won’t be immaculate at the back all the time.  

Yeah, said this to my mate last night, I never feel comfortable when we are defending a one goal lead because its usual Wednesday fashion to concede an equaliser at some point. I had horrible visions of piggy Duffy scoring that free kick in stoppage time. 

But yes recently the sitting back and countering has been nerve wracking to watch and that's being against two sides who spent the majority of the game launching long balls into out area, Leeds will be a total different game, they'll probably have loads of possession and pressure us from the first whistle, if we happen to score first it would be asking for trouble if we attempt to sit deep and soak it up after.

Guest The Horse

Monk hasn't been able to bring any of his own players in yet so can only work with what he's got.

Not so long ago we made QPR look like Barcelona.

He's done the necessary and made us solid.

But the thing he's done which hasn't really been mentioned yet is that I think he's got the squad believing in this 'style'.

They've bought into it and are making it work.

Monk has admitted that he wants to work more on the attacking side but that will come.

One thing at a time.

It would be bonkers if he got us promoted first time but think he's a well rounded and capable manager who will really deliver if given a good few seasons.

What he's done so far is quite brilliant really. 

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

I feel some posters don’t watch enough championship football of other teams if they feel we are that terrible. 
Cardiff got promoted with the lowest possession stats in the league. 
We’re just missing a creative spark, send PL winger Murphy back to Newcastle in January and replace him for someone better and we’ll be in good shape. Monk can’t fix everything before a transfer window 

If Aarons is keeping himself fit, I'd happily swap him for Murphy.