How bitter are Stoke fans!

13 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Port Vale were originally Burslem Port Vale, a place....

The club you are looking for is Hull City, not named after their city but more the river Kingston upon Hull sits on.

Nah!!!  I think the one he is looking for is Middlesborough. After all, it ain't a place it's a dump, FFS :duntmatter:

P.S. Use any definition of "DUMP" which suits your taste, lol 

13 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Quotes from fans of a team that built their whole reputation whilst in the premier on dogged defence , physical play and long ball/throw in tactics. Now their only reputation is a mediocre/ struggling side with dwindling support.

West Brom, Middlesboro and Stoke all got rid of Pullis and decided  they wanted to play pretty, to me/to you football and are now, in the last two's case, floundering at the bottom of the Championship.

Guest addedtime
19 hours ago, JumboRex said:

As valid as everyones opinion is, pretty sure the same thing happens on here when we get beat.

Absolutely

Everyone goes on about things being unique to their own club but all club's fans are the same, pretty much.

21 hours ago, owl-zat said:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/291428/sheffield-wednesday

Sheffield Weds up to 3rd they were flipping gash

Pub team football played by blokes earning thousands

Gary Monk has the hoodoo on us of late with his team scoring first and then just defending their lead just like Birmingham did last season
Yet another poor side take 3 points off us. They had one game plan tonight, aim for fletcher at every opportunity and rough us up. We actually coped easily. However when you make Sunday league mistakes it doesn’t matter

How depressing is it when we’re so painfully poo in a league where a side as god awful as Shef Weds are riding as high as they are?

We were garbage but they were thrice as bad.

It's flipping depressing that we are consistently beaten by flipping awful football teams playing a TP inspired 4-4-1-1
I'm no football snob but I'd stop going and practice inserting glass in my anus instead if I was a Wednesday fan.

They just sit back and hope to counter attack. If they've actually got the ball they just smash it up to Fletcher, hope to pick up the scraps and cross the ball into the box regardless.

Horrible set of stink flaps. Those tears taste delicious 

629557096_tenor-2019-10-24T075752_493.gif.40a32e8c53cb6e4b2e2fe8823ae62d9d.gif

• Haha 1

On 23/10/2019 at 10:44, owl-zat said:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/291428/sheffield-wednesday

Sheffield Weds up to 3rd they were flipping gash

Pub team football played by blokes earning thousands

Gary Monk has the hoodoo on us of late with his team scoring first and then just defending their lead just like Birmingham did last season
Yet another poor side take 3 points off us. They had one game plan tonight, aim for fletcher at every opportunity and rough us up. We actually coped easily. However when you make Sunday league mistakes it doesn’t matter

How depressing is it when we’re so painfully poo in a league where a side as god awful as Shef Weds are riding as high as they are?

We were garbage but they were thrice as bad.

It's flipping depressing that we are consistently beaten by flipping awful football teams playing a TP inspired 4-4-1-1
I'm no football snob but I'd stop going and practice inserting glass in my anus instead if I was a Wednesday fan.

They just sit back and hope to counter attack. If they've actually got the ball they just smash it up to Fletcher, hope to pick up the scraps and cross the ball into the box regardless.

Last time I went to Stoke to watch the Owls it took me an hour to get out of the pub car park next to the ground, Stoke is a shithole. Their team are worse than very crap. Their manager is terrified of everything. League tables don't lie. We weren't great but we were quite solid. Can't sit back too much against top 10 sides.

The Championship for ya. First half vs Cardiff is best we have played all season and over the 90 mins deserved 3 points but didn't get them. We then follow that up with a bang average performance but pick up all 3 points. 

That's how this league is sometimes. You just have to make sure you're giving everything, matching or bettering your opposition's commitment and fighting for the shirt and your team mates every game, which under Monk we are. Performance quality will fluctuate but if we work as hard as we have been recently all the time, quality will gradually improve and at the very least we'll be tough to beat and competitive. 

Uto

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

It's a collective term, I assume you understood the context?

Anyway, funny Stoke complaining about how we played. Must be soul destroying getting done every week by lesser teams.

I wonder how many times you have to lose to lesser teams before you realise the other teams are actually superior and you are now the lesser team? 

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

It's a collective term, I assume you understood the context?

Anyway, funny Stoke complaining about how we played. Must be soul destroying getting done every week by lesser teams.

Took me about 5 years after relegation from the prem for my brain to finally  accept it !

One of the main reasons I didn't want Villa to go up , I didnt think they had served their sentence yet ,unlike us ,Utd ,Leeds,Wolves, Forest , Sunderland etc

Edited by the monk

8 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Just another club, bit like us who think that they have a divine right to be in the top division because they used to be quite good.

Depends how you define quite good, they've never finished higher than 4th in their history and have 1 League Cup to show for their 150 years. In the all time top flight league table they come in at 23rd so their natural place is the second tier.

• Thanks 1