How bitter are Stoke fans!

Yet another relegated team, full of their own importance. What they don't get is that the Championship is the toughest league in the world, and if they were that light weight in the PL, they've no chance in the Championship.

But this quote - " Pub team football played by blokes earning thousands". Oooooooh. the irony.

7 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Originally dial square.. then sometime later Woolwich arsenal. I should have caveated - originally named... 

Looking at it. Fair challenge.

I should have said one of the only... 

I didn't realise they weren't straight off the bat Woolwich arsenal... 

Guest Grez Bez
10 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Originally dial square.. then sometime later Woolwich arsenal. I should have caveated - originally named... 

The Wednesday

Just had a read of the thread. There's a Wednesday fan kissing 4rse on there, does my head in that kind of thing. 

This is his first post

Yep..I honestly fully agree lads...It wasn't pretty, we are not pretty..Thought your support was excellent at our prices on a Tuesday night...disappointing crowd of 23'000.
So lets have a look at that from a Wednesday fans point of view....
Stoke have been down here for a couple of years...its galling I know...and matches...refs...Linos like those are what you get...the odd results are what you get..cos that happens to be the Championship.
Wednesday fans have had 20 bloody years of this...and lower in the football tier....
Wednesday dropped outta the Prem..just before Parachute payments started...and Wednesday fans trek to Hillsborough to watch that sorta stuff despite paying the highest prices in bleedin' Europe for second tier football.
So honestly...being called "Gash" is not a problem for us..cos we know we are...and we know we might be for a while...but when you have waited for 2 decades for the light at the end of the tunnel not being a bleedin' train...and you have averaged around 25'000 during this god awful period, with the god awful pricing and the god awful running of the circus.......All we have to be proud of...... is the fans.
Yep..the teams gash..it hass been for long enough...and we got a lucky 3 points against you...I can't find it in me to apologise...But I like Stoke City...proper football club...and I wish you all the best...until we go to your place..Then I'll accept a 1-0 win..in offa an offside stray dog..Thats the Championship...

Own up, who is it?

11 hours ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

He's not all wrong though. We wernen't very good. I'm  very happy for the 3 points though. But all the teams we have beaten so far this seoson are now bottom 3rd of the table, so I think we must improve. Or is this league just so close that anyone can and will beat anyone?

We have won 7 league games this season. All against the bottom 7 as it currently stands.

You can only beat what is in front of you though.

11 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Just had a read of the thread. There's a Wednesday fan kissing 4rse on there, does my head in that kind of thing. 

This is his first post

Own up, who is it?

Think the Asowl gives it away.

I for one agree with him though.

Guest The Horse

That's Asteener all over.

His writing style... Is almost... Like a script from a... William Shatner... Film.

No offense, Asteener. We all love ya!

The more you think about this the odder it is. As others have said it was a solid if uninspired performance against a side which player for player ought to be some way ahead of us. 

But if we didn't produce as much as we might have done going forward, they produced still less. We were manifestly the better side on the night. No doubt on that one at all. 

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Port Vale were originally Burslem Port Vale, a place....

The club you are looking for is Hull City, not named after their city but more the river Kingston upon Hull sits on.