How bitter are Stoke fans!

8 hours ago, owl-zat said:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/291428/sheffield-wednesday

Sheffield Weds up to 3rd they were flipping gash

Pub team football played by blokes earning thousands

Gary Monk has the hoodoo on us of late with his team scoring first and then just defending their lead just like Birmingham did last season
Yet another poor side take 3 points off us. They had one game plan tonight, aim for fletcher at every opportunity and rough us up. We actually coped easily. However when you make Sunday league mistakes it doesn’t matter

How depressing is it when we’re so painfully poo in a league where a side as god awful as Shef Weds are riding as high as they are?

We were garbage but they were thrice as bad.

It's flipping depressing that we are consistently beaten by flipping awful football teams playing a TP inspired 4-4-1-1
I'm no football snob but I'd stop going and practice inserting glass in my anus instead if I was a Wednesday fan.

They just sit back and hope to counter attack. If they've actually got the ball they just smash it up to Fletcher, hope to pick up the scraps and cross the ball into the box regardless.

He’s got a point though.... Just saying 

14 minutes ago, fpowl said:

What I like about this is if we are that bad there are another 21 worse teams before we get to them 

league table doesn’t lie 

exactly they must  be really poo!!!

we seem to be adopting the attritional, functional football that got Burnley, Boro, Cardiff and others promoted in recent years 

Oh and Stoke too a few years ago before them 

12 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Sir Stanley Matthews, George Eastham, Gordon Banks, Jeff Salmons, Peter Crouch, Robbie Williams!

Your boys took one hell of a beating last night, one hell of a beating!

Robbie Williams is Port Vale I think :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

exactly they must  be really poo!!!

we seem to be adopting the attritional, functional football that got Burnley, Boro, Cardiff and others promoted in recent years 

Oh and Stoke too a few years ago before them 

The art to getting promoted is to win more points than everyone else 

maybe they should look at their game plan gifting luongo a one on one wouldn’t be in mine personally 

in short we wasn't great but we won, enjoy league one next year you muppets 

Looking at Stoke's squad I was expecting a tough game, but seeing the attitude of their team, hearing the attitude of their commentators and reading those comments it reminds me very much of the years after Wednesday got relegated from the Prem.

There's something rotten in their squad, and while the likes of Joe Allen have experience of the Premier League its clear they don't have the right mentality. Equally, there doesn't seem to be much identity to their team - it wasn't clear what style of football they are trying to play and Stoke seems to be the kind of club that will destroy managers reputations for years to come until the clear everyone out, just like it did to the likes of Paul Jewell and Chris Turner here.

Also I find the worship of Badou Ndiaye somewhat cringeworthy:

The real travesty is Badou N'diaye having to play at this level. I half hope he gets a move in January because he's so far above the level of football in this league.

The commentators on BBC Stoke were the same. Need to take of the rose tinted glasses, because he played exactly the same kind of game as Sam Hutchinson - a player who aside from 1 game for Chelsea has been in the Championship his whole career. Fans should be demanding decent performances, not excusing them.

Also just reading that Stoke spent £7m (some places say £9m) on the 30-year old Sam Vokes. :wacko:

In addition to that there's £12m last season on Benik Afobe (now out on loan), £10m on Ince (left on the bench), and £5m on McClean (ditto).

So when we curse the name Jordan Rhodes remember there's clubs out there just as bad, an arguably worse than us.

9 hours ago, Nut said:

I dont think they're that far wrong based on last nights performance but we're 3rd so it's obviously working just as it did when they had Pulis in charge using Rory Delap's long throws and Shawcross's career ending tackles. Did they not see Gregory jumping into his man for every header, never looking at the ball? They were as awful as us last night. Hope we get a few more teams fans acting like this after we've played them, starting with Leeds on Saturday.

We were very poor last night and on that performance I’m glad we have the points in the bag that we have. 
commentators seem to think Monk is an adventurous type manager who plays it on the deck but I’ve yet to see any sign of that. 
We can and will get better.  Early days for him really.  Win is a win though. 

20 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Also just reading that Stoke spent £7m (some places say £9m) on the 30-year old Sam Vokes. :wacko:

In addition to that there's £12m last season on Benik Afobe (now out on loan), £10m on Ince (left on the bench), and £5m on McClean (ditto).

So when we curse the name Jordan Rhodes remember there's clubs out there just as bad, an arguably worse than us.

yep

They has a very expensive subs bench last night 

24 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I think Jordan Rhodes would fit in at Stoke pretty well. Get them loads of goals in Division 1.