How bitter are Stoke fans!

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

I'd be sad and bitter too if we had a squad as expensive as Stoke's and were stuck in the relegation zone and had only managed to create one chance against such a "flipping gash" team.

Come to think of it, the football team is irrelevant - I'd be sad and bitter if I had to live in Stoke.

Anyone saying ‘thrice’ deserves to be from Stoke

• Haha 1

We didn't just lump it up to Fletcher, we lumped it up to Nuhiu for a bit as well...

Seriously though, I though it was a decent performance against a tough Stoke side who won't stay bottom 3 for long. I watched it on telly and did have a smile when the co-commentator said that the midfield was full of 'horrible people'

It was that sort of game, great if you win, kick in the teeth if you lose.

• Haha 1

A scrappy game that we came out on top. How often over the years have we been involved in those type of games and come out with nothing?

Clearly Monk has the defence well drilled and we are making the most of the chances coming our way. I would take that any day if it produces 3 points.

2 hours ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

He's not all wrong though. We wernen't very good. I'm  very happy for the 3 points though. But all the teams we have beaten so far this seoson are now bottom 3rd of the table, so I think we must improve. Or is this league just so close that anyone can and will beat anyone?

Stoke had just beaten Fulham and Swansea in their previous two matches before they came unstuck last night against The Massive.

• Like 1

Stoke fans preaching about long ball and being roughed up, All from a team who are well known for hoof ball and have Ryan Shawcross as club captain, Jesus talk about throwing stones in glass houses. 

Deserved to win that one last night and the Cherry on the top is Stoke fans blubbering on a forum.:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Prince said:

Stoke fans preaching about long ball and being roughed up, All from a team who are well known for hoof ball and have Ryan Shawcross as club captain, Jesus talk about throwing stones in glass houses. 

Deserved to win that one last night and the Cherry on the top is Stoke fans blubbering on a forum.:laugh:

Imagine when you fondly reminisce about your club's glory days and spend 90% of your time talking about Rory Delap's throw ins.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Imagine when you fondly reminisce about your club's glory days and spend 90% of your time talking about Rory Delap's throw ins.

Forgot about the Delap scud throw ins... Time to put those towels he used to use to dry the ball with to good use and mop of these bitter tears.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, owl-zat said:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/291428/sheffield-wednesday

Sheffield Weds up to 3rd they were flipping gash

Pub team football played by blokes earning thousands

Gary Monk has the hoodoo on us of late with his team scoring first and then just defending their lead just like Birmingham did last season
Yet another poor side take 3 points off us. They had one game plan tonight, aim for fletcher at every opportunity and rough us up. We actually coped easily. However when you make Sunday league mistakes it doesn’t matter

How depressing is it when we’re so painfully poo in a league where a side as god awful as Shef Weds are riding as high as they are?

We were garbage but they were thrice as bad.

It's flipping depressing that we are consistently beaten by flipping awful football teams playing a TP inspired 4-4-1-1
I'm no football snob but I'd stop going and practice inserting glass in my anus instead if I was a Wednesday fan.

They just sit back and hope to counter attack. If they've actually got the ball they just smash it up to Fletcher, hope to pick up the scraps and cross the ball into the box regardless.

I'm just doing the same as loads of others, irrelevantly copying the opening text. Hope they enjoy the extra scrolling down the pages. 

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I weirdly quite enjoyed last night - typical championship affair, lots of effort and application if a little short on quality. We started on the front foot which is so pleasing to see after near catatonic openings over previous years.

I also think Stoke will start moving up the table - they beat Fulham on saturday and will go on a decent run between now and 

Got to be honest pal but that is weird.