How bitter are Stoke fans!

We were poor, it was a poor game spoiled by all the stoppages because their fragile little dears kept breaking.

They are joint bottom but that obviously means they are one of the best teams in the division. We are third but we are total gash. This makes sense only if you live in Stoke.

They will get 'promoted' to the first division if they don't get their act together.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

“Smash it up to Fletcher and hope to pick up the scraps” 

Er, yes, that’s what we did for our goal..., worked a treat, they should try it. It’s best to wait until you are playing against a team with a ginger short sighted one legged terminally useless central defender, that always helps.

• Haha 2

Guest LittleG

Some of what he says is true. We were poor in the second half last night and a lot of the time our tactics seemed to be the long ball to Fletcher. We are struggling to keep possession of the ball and our movement is poor. 

A little ironic coming from a little club whose rise to the premier league was mastered around Pulis trademark 541 formation and solely reliant on bashing it forward so Rory delap could throw it near the goal. 

It wasnt pretty, but we deserved the win, we are work in progress, yet still picking up points and quite happy with that.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

I think many of us will agree that we haven’t played that well so far this season but we have picked up decent points and I for one prefer this to playing shy-bo and getting nothing!

Of course we all want to win playing like Brazil and our tactic of hitting Fletcher really can grate (although it produced the winning goal last night!)

Stoke fans are suffering from the old ‘we are bigger than what we actually are’ disease after a few seasons in the Prem. Bless.

Cant see them getting back there anytime soon ...as they say if Wednesday are 3rd how s*it must they be......

lol

You seriously do not have to be anything special to get out of this division. A smattering of decent players who are simply consistent and are able to grind out wins. It can take you a long way. It does help if you're lucky on the injury front though.

• Like 1

I weirdly quite enjoyed last night - typical championship affair, lots of effort and application if a little short on quality. We started on the front foot which is so pleasing to see after near catatonic openings over previous years.

I also think Stoke will start moving up the table - they beat Fulham on saturday and will go on a decent run between now and Christmas. 

Guest Jack the Hat

Stoke are a tin pot team who managed to stay in the prem longer than they should. Now they have a superiority complex and don’t realise how irrelevant they are. Don’t care what their fans think. Just glad it looks like the days when Tin pot teams like them and West Brom can take our best players seems to have gone!

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I weirdly quite enjoyed last night - typical championship affair, lots of effort and application if a little short on quality. We started on the front foot which is so pleasing to see after near catatonic openings over previous years.

I also think Stoke will start moving up the table - they beat Fulham on saturday and will go on a decent run between now and Christmas. 

Totally agree.  I think Stoke are in a "false position" which emphasises how good the result was last night and is backed up by their frustration.

• Like 1