How bitter are Stoke fans!

4 minutes ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

He's not all wrong though. We wernen't very good. I'm  very happy for the 3 points though. But all the teams we have beaten so far this seoson are now bottom 3rd of the table, so I think we must improve. Or is this league just so close that anyone can and will beat anyone?

Those teams are bottom third because the better teams have beaten them.

Anyone can and will beat anyone every week in this league and Monk is setting us up, first and foremost, to avoid this happening.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/291428/sheffield-wednesday

Sheffield Weds up to 3rd they were flipping gash

Pub team football played by blokes earning thousands

Gary Monk has the hoodoo on us of late with his team scoring first and then just defending their lead just like Birmingham did last season
Yet another poor side take 3 points off us. They had one game plan tonight, aim for fletcher at every opportunity and rough us up. We actually coped easily. However when you make Sunday league mistakes it doesn’t matter

How depressing is it when we’re so painfully poo in a league where a side as god awful as Shef Weds are riding as high as they are?

We were garbage but they were thrice as bad.

It's flipping depressing that we are consistently beaten by flipping awful football teams playing a TP inspired 4-4-1-1
I'm no football snob but I'd stop going and practice inserting glass in my anus instead if I was a Wednesday fan.

They just sit back and hope to counter attack. If they've actually got the ball they just smash it up to Fletcher, hope to pick up the scraps and cross the ball into the box regardless.

So they're the pub team then

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I dont think they're that far wrong based on last nights performance but we're 3rd so it's obviously working just as it did when they had Pulis in charge using Rory Delap's long throws and Shawcross's career ending tackles. Did they not see Gregory jumping into his man for every header, never looking at the ball? They were as awful as us last night. Hope we get a few more teams fans acting like this after we've played them, starting with Leeds on Saturday.

• Like 2

The funniest and most ironic thing is this has come from a Stoke City fan who have built up a reputation for playing this way

I could understand if this came from a Swansea fan but a Stoke fan having a pop at us for roughing up the opposition

:tango:

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

Gary Monk has the hoodoo on us of late with his team scoring first and then just defending their lead just like Birmingham did last season
Yet another poor side take 3 points off us. They had one game plan tonight, aim for fletcher at every opportunity and rough us up. We actually coped easily. However when you make Sunday league mistakes it doesn’t matter

How depressing is it when we’re so painfully poo in a league where a side as god awful as Shef Weds are riding as high as they are?

It's flipping depressing that we are consistently beaten by flipping awful football teams playing a TP inspired 4-4-1-1
I'm no football snob but I'd stop going and practice inserting glass in my anus instead if I was a Wednesday fan.

They just sit back and hope to counter attack. If they've actually got the ball they just smash it up to Fletcher, hope to pick up the scraps and cross the ball into the box regardless.

We played 4-1-4-1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Those teams are bottom third because the better teams have beaten them.

Anyone can and will beat anyone every week in this league and Monk is setting us up, first and foremost, to avoid this happening.

Totally agree.

For once in a long time we are not getting bullied.

We are earning our wins by doing the hard bits, the performances will improve, but we have a good base to build on currently 

• Like 1

The game wasn't helped by constant stoppages for injuries. There must have been half a dozen if not more for a clash of heads. Won't be many more games this season where there's 12 minutes or more of added time.

27 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

Pigs have got mid-table prem playing like this.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

Quotes from fans of a team that built their whole reputation whilst in the premier on dogged defence , physical play and long ball/throw in tactics. Now their only reputation is a mediocre/ struggling side with dwindling support.