Player Ratings

1 hour ago, trotter said:

Dawson - 7 - Did everything asked of him

Palmer - 5 - Poor again, seems to have slipped back to his old ways

Iorfa - 6 - Not as assured as recently

Borner - 7

Fox - 8 - MOM for me.  Much improved

Luongo - 7

Hutchinson - 7 Stupid booking again, and could /should have been booked much earlier

Bannan - 6

Reach - 7

Fletcher - 5 Inefective and spent too much time on the floor.  Needs more support though, was totally isolated

Harris - 6 - Looked a bit jaded

Lee - 6

Forestieri - 6

Nuihu - 5

Didn't really understand the tactics in what was a hard watch.  No support for Fletcher at all.  If they had got any deeper in the second half, they would have been sat in Leppings Lane.

This was Cardiff waiting to happen again and would have been had it not been for Dawson's brilliant save.

You know full well nobody in blue and white can exit the stadium into Leppings Lane.

Ridiculous comment

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Reach a 5 but FF a 7?

What do you people actually see at games 

FF came on and fannied around with the ball with flicks, twice before actually realising what he should be doing and that’s collecting the ball and taking pressure off the defence. That was it. 

Reach covered a lot of ground and made up ground quickly to stop them transitioning into attack, a lot of off the ball work - that goes unnoticed it seems. 100% not a 5 performance at all. 

I must see something different to you. 

9 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Looks like Snoots is absent so here goes,

Dawson    -    8    Fair play to the lad, came back from a poor night Friday and played very well, one outstanding save 2nd half

Palmer    -    5    Poor again for me, did OK defensively but his distribution / decision making in possession was awful

Iorfa    -    8    Just shaded MOM for me , i never thought he would be the disaster at CH that some were predicting but i have been surprised at how well he has done TBF.

Borner    -    8    Dont want to put the mockers on the lad but does he ever play badly?

Fox    -    7    Decent performance last night, looked more assured than Friday.  

Hutchinson    -    6.5    A few rash moments but did OK otherwise , think 3 games in a week is a bit much for him

Bannan    -    6.5    Tried to keep us ticking but his passing was off for the main part, too many floaty, hopeful balls

Luongo    -    7    Decent combative performance and took his goal well

Harris    -    6    Looked a little subdued last night but was still our main threat

Fletcher    -    6.5    Plenty of endeavour as always , but a little wasteful with the ball

Reach    -    6    Nothing spectacular but an improvement on Friday.

SUBS

Lee    -    6    Did OK

Forestieri    -    6    A few glimpses of the extra factor he could add

Nuhiu    -    5    Not one of his better cameos although he didnt get much time TBF

OVERALL

It was , er , attritional stuff is probably the kindest way of describing it ha ha , and it wont live in the memory but none of us are gonna complain at 3rd in the table are we ?

Hutch 6.5 you must have nodded off.. best player by miles in a poor performance,

Think Id go with 8s for the two CBs

An 8 for Fox a 7 for Palmer

MF worked hard 7 across the board

Fletcher 6 battled well but didnt really forge a clear chance,was well marshalled

A 6 for Dawson whose had little to do on the night,distribution wasnt the best,made a decent stop from a good headed chance

Thought the subs did ok,again 6s across the board.

Id give that ref a 9 though,brilliant just what you want,keept his cards in his pocket untill the very late stages and tried to keep the game flowing best he could,shame he wasnt at Cardiff too!

Dawson- 7- Didn't actually have much to do apart from the save which was superb,happy for the lad to get the clean sheet.

Palmer- 6- Steady,  but poor decision making with the ball at times.

Borner- 8 - throw up between him and Iorfa for MOM. The guy is an absolute unit sticks his head on everything.

Iorfa-8- Fantastic block, and that tackle was unreal, he's improving at CB game by game, really struggle to see Lees coming back into the team at this rate.

Fox-7- Like Borner, sticks his head on everything, and put a couple of excellent crosses into the box. I think most are seeing he's more than capable at being a regular left back.

Reach-6- Said it before, but in my opinion he's vastly overrated, way too inconsistent. Only positive thing he did was in second half stoppage time when he ran the ball towards the corner to waste time.

Hutchinson-7- Typical Hutch performance, physical at all times but decent with the ball. I love the guys passion but I just wish he'd use his brain abit more and not go flying into challenges so early on, thankfully the ref didn't book him straight away. 

Luongo- 8- Took his goal really well, such a calm composed finish. Really like this guy though, loves to drive the ball forward and seems to be the attacking centre midfielder we've craved for a while. Certainly missed him when he went off

Bannan- 7- Some nice play from Baz last night, and fair play even challenged the aerial battles despite being one of the smallest on pitch. Just wish at times his set piece deliveries were a bit better.

Harris-7- Made some good runs and good touches, but he certainly didn't seem himself last night,  I was sat only few rows back from the pitch and he looked exhausted after only about 10 minutes and breathing really heavy, drinking loads of water. Wondered if perhaps had an illness/virus or maybe just generally drained?

Fletcher-6- Massive fan of Fletcher but I have to say I didn't think last night was one of his best games. For once he actually looked isolated in the lone striker role, lost alot of aerial battles aswell, particularly against that Carter Vickers before he went off and Batth. 

Subs

Lee- 6- Did well when he came on, intelligent use of the ball aswell.

Forestieri-6- Same as Lee, hopefully we can get him back to the player he was when he first arrived at the club 

Nuhiu -5- Certainly had better cameo appearances. 

21 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Dawson - 8

Palmer - 5

Iorfa - 7

Borner - 8

Fox - 8

Luongo - 8 MOM

Hutchinson - 7

Bannan - 6

Reach - 5

Fletcher - 6

Harris - 6

Lee - 6

Forestieri - 7

Nuihu - 6

Reach 5.

Its easy to miss things at the match. No commentary, no replays.

With respect, could I suggest you watch the10 minutes of extended highlights and see if it changes your mind? He was at the heart of pretty much everything good we did going forward. 

46 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Reach 5.

Its easy to miss things at the match. No commentary, no replays.

With respect, could I suggest you watch the10 minutes of extended highlights and see if it changes your mind? He was at the heart of pretty much everything good we did going forward. 

As is so often the case, even when performing below par.  Also, don’t get the obsession for constantly criticising what he clearly can’t do (tackle).  He may not be in great form right now but still offers plenty - one of the best players at the club, and if he’s really as poor as some people think then we are in trouble this season.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 8 Mom nothing to do but then an outstanding save. Won us the points 

Palmer 6 why is he better at lb?

Iorfa 7 sold

Borner 7 as above

Fox 7 actually did ok

Hutchinson 7

Bannan 6 ok but lucky to not give away a penalty 

Luongo 7 took his goal well

Harris 6.5 looks knackered to me

Reach 6 slightly better 

Fletcher 6.5 struggled but got the assist

Lee 6

Forestieri 6.5

Nuhiu 5

Defensively very good but poor with the ball. Don’t care if we keep on winning though to be honest!

29 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson 8 Mom nothing to do but then an outstanding save. Won us the points 

Palmer 6 why is he better at lb?

Iorfa 7 sold

Borner 7 as above

I just hope you're not ITK!

How much did we get for them? Think that'll scupper our chances. Ruddy FFP.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

As is so often the case, even when performing below par.  Also, don’t get the obsession for constantly criticising what he clearly can’t do (tackle).  He may not be in great form right now but still offers plenty - one of the best players at the club, and if he’s really as poor as some people think then we are in trouble this season.

It is well know that he always sherks 50/50s.... For example, when the ball was there for a header. He knew that if he was to head that ball there was a risk that he would also head the opposition player so he didn't.....

Oh wait..... 

(Still been below par this season however and I believe he should be rested)

24 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

It is well know that he always sherks 50/50s.... For example, when the ball was there for a header. He knew that if he was to head that ball there was a risk that he would also head the opposition player so he didn't.....

Oh wait..... 

Did you see the clever header to put Lee thru into the box to set up a great chance for Harris?

Did you see the brave header on the six yard line where he got his header off and clashed heads with his marker?

He’s not a great header. He’s not a great tackler. But his qualities far outweigh those weaknesses. 

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Did you see the brave header on the six yard line where he got his header off and clashed heads with his marker?

Yes. That was the point I was making. Like how fox's pass to Fletch set up the goal...but he can't pass according to OT

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

Oh wait..... 

You may be right, he might benefit from a rest, and no-one (not even Bannan!) should be guaranteed a start.  Maybe then some might start to show more appreciation for what he brings to the team as a whole.

22 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Not getting the hate for Palmer, he has been a big part of the joint second best defence of the season, he rarely gets beat and has been consistently good in both Full Back positions.

Yeah, he's not Roberto Carlos, but newsflash, we are not Brazil.

Sigh..............nobody "hates" Palmer.

Just now, sheriwozgod said:

Sigh..............nobody "hates" Palmer.

People can't wait to point out his limitations (his crossing), but as a defender he is consistently good.

Fletcher has no pace, Bannan cannot shoot, Westwood's always injured, Hutch is always getting yellows, Reach cannot tackle - that's why these players are with us, if they didn't have their obvious weaknesses, they would be in the Premier League - just don't understand how Palmer always gets marked down compared to others - even though our defence has been outstanding lately.

3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

People can't wait to point out his limitations (his crossing), but as a defender he is consistently good.

Fletcher has no pace, Bannan cannot shoot, Westwood's always injured, Hutch is always getting yellows, Reach cannot tackle - that's why these players are with us, if they didn't have their obvious weaknesses, they would be in the Premier League - just don't understand how Palmer always gets marked down compared to others - even though our defence has been outstanding lately.

You make some good points , but as i say there is a marked difference betwen "hate" and pointing out his alleged limitataions.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 24/10/2019 at 17:55, Beauchief Owl said:

I just hope you're not ITK!

How much did we get for them? Think that'll scupper our chances. Ruddy FFP.

Actually belly laughed at that!!:biggrin: