Player Ratings

Looks like Snoots is absent so here goes,

Dawson    -    8    Fair play to the lad, came back from a poor night Friday and played very well, one outstanding save 2nd half

Palmer    -    5    Poor again for me, did OK defensively but his distribution / decision making in possession was awful

Iorfa    -    8    Just shaded MOM for me , i never thought he would be the disaster at CH that some were predicting but i have been surprised at how well he has done TBF.

Borner    -    8    Dont want to put the mockers on the lad but does he ever play badly?

Fox    -    7    Decent performance last night, looked more assured than Friday.  

Hutchinson    -    6.5    A few rash moments but did OK otherwise , think 3 games in a week is a bit much for him

Bannan    -    6.5    Tried to keep us ticking but his passing was off for the main part, too many floaty, hopeful balls

Luongo    -    7    Decent combative performance and took his goal well

Harris    -    6    Looked a little subdued last night but was still our main threat

Fletcher    -    6.5    Plenty of endeavour as always , but a little wasteful with the ball

Reach    -    6    Nothing spectacular but an improvement on Friday.

SUBS

Lee    -    6    Did OK

Forestieri    -    6    A few glimpses of the extra factor he could add

Nuhiu    -    5    Not one of his better cameos although he didnt get much time TBF

OVERALL

It was , er , attritional stuff is probably the kindest way of describing it ha ha , and it wont live in the memory but none of us are gonna complain at 3rd in the table are we ?

• Thanks 3

A fair assessment although in my view Fox was the best player on the night.  Palmer defended well and so I would have him a point higher.

I just wonder if our fitness levels are starting to tail off a bit.  We looked very fit and sharp in those opening Bullen games, at times last night we looked a bit heavy legged.  We have a very fine line to walk with our squad.  We have some very injury prone players and there has to be a balance between maintaining match fitness but not breaking the players so we end up in the Jos situation where we Ash Baker is our most experienced pro!

I said a couple of weeks ago that I thought lack of energy (fitness?) in our midfield was our achilles heel and I think that's why we've struggled so much in the second half in the last two matches. 

Lee Bannan Hutch and Luongo are all great players but I'm not sure any of them have got 90 minutes of 100% in them. 

They'll need to work hard against Leeds.

Let's hope we're 2 up by half-time.

Dawson - 7

Palmer - 5

Iorfa - 6

Borner - 6

Fox - 8 MOM

Luongo - 7 

Hutchinson - 6

Bannan - 6

Reach - 6

Fletcher - 5

Harris - 6

Lee - 6

Forestieri - 7

Nuihu - 5

I might get pelters here but I didn't think Borner and Iorfa were up to their usual standards. We managed to keep them out but it was all a bit scrappy and panicky - not the usual level of control. 

I love Fletcher but he was out-battled last night and struggled to provide the necessary platform for attacks.

I thought Luongo and Fessi showed what they have to offer and Fox had his best game yet.

Dawson - 8

Palmer - 5 doesnt cross it or pass forward like fox showed on other flank, moses deserves a run

Iorfa - 7 lost a couple of headers in box but nobody else has the pace and athleticism to make saving tackles and blocks like that

Borner - 8 strong, laughed when their player bounced off him

Fox - 8 made lb his, has improved, actually crosses it and passes forward

Luongo - 8 MOM calm finish, gets in good positions, looked slightly fitter than last game

Hutchinson - 6 usual booking, lucky to not get booked 8 mins for silly tackle

Bannan - 6 usually a 7 or 8 but a bit angry and silly fouls/nearly pen conceeded

Reach - 6 as ever lots of running but rarely offers enough in final 3rd 

Fletcher - 7 good header/near assist for goal

Harris - 7 only real threat 

Lee 5 - still looks 75% of his best, game passes him by

Forestieri - 7 carried ball, got a foul, got us passing, took the pressure off, could be key to our season starting him with harris and fletch

Nuihu - 6

Dawson - 7 - Did everything asked of him

Palmer - 5 - Poor again, seems to have slipped back to his old ways

Iorfa - 6 - Not as assured as recently

Borner - 7

Fox - 8 - MOM for me.  Much improved

Luongo - 7

Hutchinson - 7 Stupid booking again, and could /should have been booked much earlier

Bannan - 6

Reach - 7

Fletcher - 5 Inefective and spent too much time on the floor.  Needs more support though, was totally isolated

Harris - 6 - Looked a bit jaded

Lee - 6

Forestieri - 6

Nuihu - 5

Didn't really understand the tactics in what was a hard watch.  No support for Fletcher at all.  If they had got any deeper in the second half, they would have been sat in Leppings Lane.

This was Cardiff waiting to happen again and would have been had it not been for Dawson's brilliant save.

Dawson 8 - truly world class save. Horrid kicking.

Palmer 8

Fox 8.5 mom

Borner 8.5

Iorfa 8

May seem high, but our defence yet again got a shut-out.

Reach 7.5 worth his weight in gold last 20

Harris 6.5 quiet night

Hutch 7 helped the defence

Bannan 7.5 

Luongo 8

Fletcher 6.5

Thought FF was excellent apart from his first few minutes.

Lee and Nuhiu each contributed well.

Edited by Holmowl

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Dawson - 8

Palmer - 5

Iorfa - 7

Borner - 8

Fox - 8

Luongo - 8 MOM

Hutchinson - 7

Bannan - 6

Reach - 5

Fletcher - 6

Harris - 6

Lee - 6

Forestieri - 7

Nuihu - 6

Reach a 5 but FF a 7?

What do you people actually see at games 

FF came on and fannied around with the ball with flicks, twice before actually realising what he should be doing and that’s collecting the ball and taking pressure off the defence. That was it. 

Reach covered a lot of ground and made up ground quickly to stop them transitioning into attack, a lot of off the ball work - that goes unnoticed it seems. 100% not a 5 performance at all. 

Dawson 7 - Good game, handled well & a great save.

Palmer 5 - Ok defensively, offered very little going forward.

Iorfa 7 - Great defensively but some careless distribution.

Borner 8 - Hardly puts a foot wrong.

Fox 8 - MOTM for me, great defensive work & some decent crosses going forward.

Reach 6 - Better than Friday night but up to his best yet.

Hutchinson 6 - Works like a Trojan but a yellow card waiting to happen.

Bannan 5 - Passing was off, gave away stupid free kicks & refuses to put his foot through the ball when were under pressure.

Luongo 7 - Worked hard, ran at the opposition, took his goal well.

Harris 6 - Not quite on his game last night.
Fletcher 6 - Usual graft but not as affective.

Dawson - 7 Decent save but awful kicking

Palmer - 6 

Iorfa - 8 That tackle though..

Borner - 8 Steady eddy

Fox - 8 MOM, nothing spectacular but did his job well

Luongo - 8 Thought we lost our way a bit when he went off

Hutchinson - 8 Solid

Bannan - 7

Reach - 6

Fletcher - 7 Ran his nads off again

Harris - 7

Lee - 6