Luongo injury

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Picks up second balls brilliantly. Likes to be box to box. Heard people saying he should be the holding player! He’s more offensive than any of our central midfielders. 

He's playing more like the role he played for Swindon and the Aussies. Dunno why QPR restricted him as a holding player. He gets stuck in, but always had the technical ability to do more than that. 

Luongo is much stronger than Lee.

The real difference though is that Luongo is a ball carrier, can carry the ball 30 yds forward through a busy midfield. We have needed this for years.

Lee makes most of his forward runs without the ball, and suddenly appears in the box.

Doesn’t get the team forward in the same way 

Only managed to watch the Cardiff match. Link up play seemed to be a weakness, and Fletcher seemed frustrated by that on several occasions. Hopefully they're working on that in training, because his forward movement has looked excellent whenever I've seen him.

10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Luongo is much stronger than Lee.

The real difference though is that Luongo is a ball carrier, can carry the ball 30 yds forward through a busy midfield. We have needed this for years.

Lee makes most of his forward runs without the ball, and suddenly appears in the box.

Doesn’t get the team forward in the same way 

Seems about right. 

I haven't seen enough of him yet to decide if he is better than Lee.

Lee was consistently brilliant and was known for covering every blade of grass as well as scoring goals and defending. 

Luongo doesn't seem to affect games as much unless it comes to him. 

I reckon if you compared heat maps they would be quite different. 

Just now, Beholder said:

Seems about right. 

I haven't seen enough of him yet to decide if he is better than Lee.

Lee was consistently brilliant and was known for covering every blade of grass as well as scoring goals and defending. 

Luongo doesn't seem to affect games as much unless it comes to him. 

I reckon if you compared heat maps they would be quite different. 

I wasn’t being detrimental to Lee.

When it comes to covering the ground, anticipation and being in the right place Lee is fantastic.

When I said Luongo is stronger I meant physically stronger, not a better player.

Luongo has not done anywhere near enough yet to match Lee when he was at his best.

I just like what Luongo brings to the team and wonder whether we will ever see the best of Lee again.

• Like 1

Watched him limp around the pitch...By the time he got to the tunnel he wasn't limping....

I noticed this...But have asked the club to send me the MRI scans and such, cos apparently me "Limping" prognosis is not accepted in medical circles...

And I'm a season ticket holder that has played football at a...errr..level!

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1