Just now, A12owl said:

You sound like a hard man to please .

How can I be?

I was happy with that last night...I even hung around to clap Fox off...In case he thought nobody liked him...

I'm a realist..Its The Championship and a scruffy 1-0 is fair enough...3rd is beyond expectations....

I'll take the finer points when we are playing Liverpool etc...until then....It can stink like a midden as long as we win....

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

How can I be?

I was happy with that last night...I even hung around to clap Fox off...In case he thought nobody liked him...

I'm a realist..Its The Championship and a scruffy 1-0 is fair enough...3rd is beyond expectations....

I'll take the finer points when we are playing Liverpool etc...until then....It can stink like a midden as long as we win....

We have one...or two...possibilities here...folks. Either Dotty... is asteener's alter ego...or asteener is Dotty's...alter ego. What I really want to...know...is when we lump on...and on what ?? FFS  :Chansiri:

You want criticism, here's a small snippit and highlights my problem with FF. Shortly after coming on, he has nice little exchange with Bannan on the left, the ball settles nicely for him to drive into a lot of space on the edge of the box. Instead, he tries another flick to give it back to Bannan and between Bannan not expecting it, the defender being well positioned and it being wayward we lose the ball and invite the counter attack. So from potentially nestling in the top corner, we've gone to defending again.

I've banged on about this before, and bearing in mind he is more than capable of putting it in the top corner, why the show pony stuff?

I highlighted it a few years ago when he chose the more ambitious effort against Reading? Where he got off the deck and smashed it in from 25 yards, rather than playing a simple 5 yard pass to anyone of two players on the overlap in on goal with two in the box.

Ahh, picky sod I hear you say... Well I would hazard a guess and say if he tried that 10 times, he'd score once, maybe twice. My point being is that if you tot that up over the course of a season, you might be looking at a difference of 6-7 points. To top it off, if you are the strike partner, you'd be doing your nut. When do I run, where do I make my run, will he release the ball, will he shoot, will he check out and do summat else. The very unpredictability we love is also his greatest downside. Hooper, a real intelligent CF couldn't form a deadly partnership with him, I don't think it's worked with Fletcher either.

Can't give him points for pulling wide left when they lost their right back, bloody 12 year old would do that.

How's that? Wouldn't want you to think I hide away.

Good to see him back though. :tongue:

• Agree 3

Could make all the difference in tomorrow’s game. I would start him. 

• Agree 3

On 23/10/2019 at 08:38, A12owl said:

There are no threads on here today criticising him. I wonder why. Where have all his critics gone. From the minute he came onto the pitch until the end he ran and worked like the old Forestieri we know and most of us love. There was one instance he tracked back and got the ball well inside his own half got the ball and immediately set off up field at pace. He was chasing down opponents in their half and contributing in our half. When their full back went off injured he put himself in the wide left position nearly in the north stand waiting for somebody to boot the ball to him. I think it only happened once but his intelligence was there for all to see. He could be the difference for us with his ability to run at speed with the ball. A slight tweak in tactics to accommodate him on the left and we're on our way.

Well done Fernando. Glad to have you back.

I criticised him on a previous threat tbh.  I asked if anyone (without googling it) can remember from memory when he played for 90 mins, scored a goal, or made a big impression on a game?  

My opinion is he's had his time, was good when first arrived but he doesn't look bothered to me now.  Time to go.

• Disagree 3

30 minutes ago, Mus said:

I criticised him on a previous threat tbh.  I asked if anyone (without googling it) can remember from memory when he played for 90 mins, scored a goal, or made a big impression on a game?  

My opinion is he's had his time, was good when first arrived but he doesn't look bothered to me now.  Time to go.

Give him a chance. He's hardly had the best of luck in the last 12 months has he. Remember he had a bad injury. Remember he had had to suffer the mental sress of a pending court case for ages.

We need him back .

He needs our support.

• Agree 5

On 24/10/2019 at 13:12, spike1867 said:

So from potentially nestling in the top corner...

Always mildly irritates me this phrase, as, since the demise of the stanchions for hanging the netting on, it is now physically impossible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Give him a chance. He's hardly had the best of luck in the last 12 months has he. Remember he had a bad injury. Remember he had had to suffer the mental sress of a pending court case for ages.

We need him back .

He needs our support.

and without him,or Bannan our creativity is nil

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

We need him back .

He needs our support.

I know I responded to your thread saying I saw nothing special in FF's performance, but this entirely. Still probably the most talented player I've seen in a Wednesday shirt in my short time watching us... at his best he's marvellous and while he hasn't been there for a while he deserves every respect from the fans when he is available to play. Create an environment where he's likely to thrive, not wilt.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, meggoisgod said:

He starts everytime for me

Not in our formation he doesn't. Personally, I think he's a sub until sold or his contract expires. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Not in our formation he doesn't. Personally, I think he's a sub until sold or his contract expires. 

Why would you want to sell one of if not THE best player we have. Who else do we have that can create a goal from nothing as quickly as Forestieri.?

Mad thinking to sell him.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Why would you want to sell one of if not THE best player we have. Who else do we have that can create a goal from nothing as quickly as Forestieri.?

Mad thinking to sell him.

He WAS the best player. He hasn't been THE best player for about 2+1/2yrs. It's not just about that anyway. We play one up. He can't lead the line. He ain't gonna oust Harris on the left. Nor would he track back and cover as Monk would want wingers to do. We did the whole "FF doesn't wanna play wide" debate 3yrs ago with Carlos. I doubt he'd be anymore receptive to the role now pushing 30. 

16 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He WAS the best player. He hasn't been THE best player for about 2+1/2yrs. It's not just about that anyway. We play one up. He can't lead the line. He ain't gonna oust Harris on the left. Nor would he track back and cover as Monk would want wingers to do. We did the whole "FF doesn't wanna play wide" debate 3yrs ago with Carlos. I doubt he'd be anymore receptive to the role now pushing 30. 

Shouldn't he be given the opportunity to show what he can do now he's got rid of his problems? 

19 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Shouldn't he be given the opportunity to show what he can do now he's got rid of his problems? 

It's not Nando world. Whatever is best for the team. I wouldn't change our formation to accommodate him, and he doesn't fit the current plan. 

3 hours ago, Mus said:

Norwich away last season he was class.. that’s 3 games ago for him.

We need him firing if we’re to have any chance of promotion as there’s not enough goals in the team without him

49 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

It's not Nando world. Whatever is best for the team. I wouldn't change our formation to accommodate him, and he doesn't fit the current plan. 

I think you have made your opinion of Forestieri very clear. From looking through this thread and others I would say you are in the minority. Hope proves you very wrong.

4 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Always mildly irritates me this phrase, as, since the demise of the stanchions for hanging the netting on, it is now physically impossible.

Try sudocrem*, alternatively just remember that it's Wednesday you support and you will spend half your life mildly irritated at something, generally the truffle hunters.

*other creams are available, always read the label.