I felt like some people couldn’t wait for Reach to make a mistake tonight

1 hour ago, poite said:

I did yes. 

Going to be honest and say you've completely lost me. I'm not sure what your point is unless you're one of those who interprets criticism as pure hatred...

Why do you feel the need to criticise?

You said Reach produces nothing

I reminded you he scored one and made one against Boro, and he also made the winner against Wigan

That is producing something, okay he may not be to your liking, but there's plenty of supporters who recognise, that while he's not yet at the level he was last season, he's still contibruting to the team

And as for the hatred comment, no hatred, I'm a 60 year old bloke that wants to see us back in the Premier, but we will only achieve that if we get behind the team, criticise less, support more

I know we can be frustrating, I've had 60 years of it, and if you weren't around watching us in the mid 70's, then you don't know real suffering

We're not playing great but we're picking up points

Most Wednesday supporters have that one player they don't like, I've got mine, but he's not going to play any better if I keep slating him, so I try not to

Every so often I let my guard slip, but I'm trying to bite my lip and think of the greater good

We're all Wednesday, we share each others suffering, wouldn't it be great if we could share another promotion

My kids are 25, and 23, they've never seen us in the premier, I tell them tales of us winning at Old Trafford two years in a row

The only way we're going to get there is if we start supporting the team more

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I would say, position wise, we’re slightly overachieving, and long may that continue. For us to improve though, we might need to go into the transfer market, mainly because our front three aren’t really good enough to get us promoted We need better

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I reminded you he scored one and made one against Boro, and he also made the winner against Wigan

That is producing something, okay he may not be to your liking, but there's plenty of supporters who recognise, that while he's not yet at the level he was last season, he's still contibruting to the team

And as for the hatred comment, no hatred, I'm a 60 year old bloke that wants to see us back in the Premier, but we will only achieve that if we get behind the team, criticise less, support more

I know we can be frustrating, I've had 60 years of it, and if you weren't around watching us in the mid 70's, then you don't know real suffering

Most Wednesday supporters have that one player they don't like, I've got mine, but he's not going to play any better if I keep slating him, so I try not to

Every so often I let my guard slip, but I'm trying to bite my lip and think of the greater good

We're all Wednesday, we share each others suffering, wouldn't it be great if we could share another promotion

My kids are 25, and 23, they've never seen us in the premier, I tell them tales of us winning at Old Trafford two years in a row

60 years old, FFS !!  You kids are talking more sense than I ever gave ye credit for. lol 

• Haha 1

I’ve just watched the extended highlights. 

There weren’t many highlights in this game but it is extraordinary how Reach featured in almost every attack shown. Had I not been at the game I would imagine he’d had a stinker, but the extended highlights confirm the impression I got from my seat that Reach was one of our most influencial players.

17 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'll give you my thoughts

Reach is nowhere near as bad as people are making out, I agree he's not found his best form yet, but he's one of those players you don't drop

Reach relieves pressure, he has the ability to stretch defences, he has the ability to take the ball up the park which puts teams on the back foot

When he gets the ball, a lot of teams two up on him, which leaves space elsewhere

He's also arguably our hardest working player, he must cover more ground than anyone else

The thing I like best about Reach is his first touch, he usually kills a ball better than anyone else

Every manager we've had since we signed him, picks him, whether you've played the game or are just someone that plays computer games, you must see that

For what it's worth Jose Mourinhio wasn't a player, and he didn't do bad.

I love these 'hard working' comments.....

The least i expect any player to do is work hard, so saying that does not constitute a decent player worthy of a starting place!

11 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

I only neg idiots or people I do t agree with. That’s the beauty of a forum, you get to voice or show your views. 

now onto reach, which points do you want me to show you that I haven’t provided in stats before in numerous other threads?
he creates goals. No one more than him past 3 seasons and joint top assist this season although he isnt at his best yet. I might also mention he’s joint top with bannan (who takes every set piece) 
he covers more ground than anyone else in a wednesday shirt, again already posted this several times.

hes capable of pulling out a match winning goal 4/5 times per season. 

or we could go with him being the most regular player under 3 different managers

the fact we payed shed loads of money for him because people with a football brain rate him. 

anyway carry on booing him with the rest of the know nothings and enjoy your day. I’m sure you have a window to lick which will keep you happy 

The amount of negs you have is all i need to know about you! Clueless!

So keep on praising him!

• Like 1

Reach is probably our most influential player.  One of the few we have who wouldn't look out of place in the Prem.  Amazes me that people criticize him.   But then, Fox Dawson Palmer and Nuhiu get even worse treatment. 

We even had a manager who took us to 4th place and was called a Clueless clown.

Some of the kids on here should have lived through the 70s.  We currently have a team in 3rd place who aren't even playing as well as they can.  That's a good sign.  We're only one point off Leeds who apparently are world beaters so I can't see why so many are moaning.  Stokes team is packed with big names.  They'll finish too half. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

And there you have it in a nutshell. The excuse for having a go at Reach is that, "in their opinion", he does not look convincing in the tackle! Well sorry to break it to all those who truly believe that this is a good reason to have a go at Reach, but .....

Jeez there are some sensitive souls on here. If mild criticism of pretty much the only weakness in his game is " having a go"  you'll be a basket case before too much longer.

I agree with most of what you say as it happens. The only area in which we disagree is that every single player on the pitch regardless of position they play in is required to get stuck in and make it difficult for the opposition when in possession. If he sorted that out he'd be the finished article.

Engine - tick

Creativity - tick

Touch - tick

Assists - tick

Shot - tick

Physical presence is the only question mark where he could improve.  If you think all his other attributes negate this that is your opinion, but when he does it in key areas of the pitch it has and will cost us goals.

Lastly, if as you say he is carrying a long term knee injury, he should be rested to get it sorted out as it is obviously impacting his performance.

23 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Watch the short Sky highlights. The second attack shown, where Reach races into their box and gets a shot saved. Those defenders seem to find his legs pumping pretty well. 

BTW, yet again, his importance to our side shown by the highlights. There are four attacks featured.:-

1st attack - Reach sets up great chance

2nd attack - Reach cuts inside at pace and the keeper pushes his shot for a corner

3rd attack - goal

4th attack - clever Reach header sets up Lee to cross for Harris shot

I agree. Imagine how good he'd be if his knee was sorted out enabling him to take on the full backs down the outside.

I'm not denying he's a talent but sometimes  you have to do the ugly stuff as well. That goes for everyone on the pitch.

14 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Well in that case we should be playing in premier League already then. Were you not at Wembley? Our support was off the scale that day but we still lost. 

15 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Jeez there are some sensitive souls on here. If mild criticism of pretty much the only weakness in his game is " having a go"  you'll be a basket case before too much longer.

I agree with most of what you say as it happens. The only area in which we disagree is that every single player on the pitch regardless of position they play in is required to get stuck in and make it difficult for the opposition when in possession. If he sorted that out he'd be the finished article.

Engine - tick

Creativity - tick

Touch - tick

Assists - tick

Shot - tick

Physical presence is the only question mark where he could improve.  If you think all his other attributes negate this that is your opinion, but when he does it in key areas of the pitch it has and will cost us goals.

Lastly, if as you say he is carrying a long term knee injury, he should be rested to get it sorted out as it is obviously impacting his performance.

Not sure that he only has one area in which he can improve? What are his stats, 1 goal and 3 assists? Compare that to two others who operate in a similar role, Johnson (Preston NE) 7 goals and 4 assists, and Eze (QPR) 6 goals and 4 assists 

We need a lot more from him, Harris and Fletcher, all three are at the lower end of the championship stats

14 minutes ago, poite said:

Well in that case we should be playing in premier League already then. Were you not at Wembley? Our support was off the scale that day but we still lost. 

Which one, been to the lot except 1966

Our support is always top notch in the big games

Anyway, I wasn't talking about the people who actually attend games, and have to sit through what we've sat through over the years

I'm talking about the people who constantly criticise players/the club on here

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Unless I have been watching different games to others on here then Reach has been pretty poor lately. On Tuesday he worked hard, as always, and didn’t give the ball away as much as some others in the team did .

I would play him on Saturday against Leeds however simply due to the fear factor on their part as they think he might release another worldy 

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Unless I have been watching different games to others on here then Reach has been pretty poor lately. On Tuesday he worked hard, as always, and didn’t give the ball away as much as some others in the team did .

I would play him on Saturday against Leeds however simply due to the fear factor on their part as they think he might release another worldy 

He's been poor by his own high standards, yet even then he's a decent player to have in the team, and nobody in our squad has more assists than him, despite being out of form.

20 hours ago, oldishowl said:

It’s nowt to do with FF.

He has only been fit and available for two games and was never going to be selected.

Fans have been having a go at Reach for two seasons .

he isn't totally suitable to the style of play we're adopting, he was brought into a club whose total set up was 'tiptap'.

it now calls for a more 'robust' game than he has played in the past, he maybe struggling with that element of play.

some of our fans must have vibration white finger with the clapping they do.

11 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

oh.  The old negs argument well ok then. Your right obv , now let’s end this and I can do what I need to do and you can lick that window  again 

And located in Barnsley, you get better! Go and support them! 

• Like 1