Jump to content
shandypants

I felt like some people couldn’t wait for Reach to make a mistake tonight

Recommended Posts

I think he's a waste of a shirt but that's just my opinion. He works hard, runs around a lot but produces nothing. He's no threat at all. As soon as he gets the ball you know nothing will happen.

 

But to be fair to him he's getting picked because there's no better available options. 

 

Neg away lads

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

for you? yes, for others???

at present monk is selecting him, and giving winning results in return, so be it.

i'm not sure in 12 months time reach will be a starter for us, unless he alters or lifts his game.

I hope hardly any of 'em are there in 12 months mate....I hope we have players OF a different level playing AT a different level...

Doesn't change what we have at the minute...So I support what we have...Please let me know the other options............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, poite said:

I think he's a waste of a shirt but that's just my opinion. He works hard, runs around a lot but produces nothing. He's no threat at all. As soon as he gets the ball you know nothing will happen.

 

But to be fair to him he's getting picked because there's no better available options. 

 

Neg away lads

When you say he produces nothing, do you mean he produces nothing, or you don't count it because he's Reach?

 

He produced the pass for Loungo's goal against Wigan which we won 1-0

 

He produced a goal v Middlesboro, and a pass for Fletcher's goal

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

there's a massive difference between fletcher's performances and reach's, IF reach was performing at fletcher's level, he'd be hailed a hero.

It was tongue in cheek mate and aimed at  the lad who said we should sign someone as good as knockaert  on loan ...I think they are both good players  and more than happy with the pair of them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reach for me is'nt doing this season at all,dont know why,but I think FF will be in b4 long in place of him some how.

FF=gets the ball,you get excited,like with Harris..

Reach=gets the ball if played to his feet that is,and 9 x out of 10 runs into a player,you just know its comming and are shocked when he dosent.Needs some confidence building/goals quick...

UTO FTFB....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I hope hardly any of 'em are there in 12 months mate....I hope we have players OF a different level playing AT a different level...

Doesn't change what we have at the minute...So I support what we have...Please let me know the other options............

if you're hinting at playing at premier level, it might be a tad high this time, but by all means live in that hope that we bring in the strengthening elements at Christmas to make the difference.

one thing we have at the minute is a reach not playing as well as he can, if we can improve on that, it will be another plus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

It was tongue in cheek mate and aimed at  the lad who said we should sign someone as good as knockaert  on loan ...I think they are both good players  and more than happy with the pair of them 

I know it was.

you have to take the rough with the smooth on here.

I think fletcher is just about 100% performing as well as possible without additional support, whilst reach still has some way to go to 'reach' his peak, no pun intended.

Edited by dorian gray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

When you say he produces nothing, do you mean he produces nothing, or you don't count it because he's Reach?

 

He produced the pass for Loungo's goal against Wigan which we won 1-0

 

He produced a goal v Middlesboro, and a pass for Fletcher's goal

 

 

 

Why would I not count it because he's Reach? 

 

I just don't rate him mate. That's all. I don't have a dart board at home with his face on it.

 

I'm hardly stood in the stands booing him or giving him hell. Like I said, who's the better option? There isn't one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why the negativity to any player, football is a team game and we are currently 3rd in the league with the players that we have?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Holmowl said:


Watch the short Sky highlights. The second attack shown, where Reach races into their box and gets a shot saved. Those defenders seem to find his legs pumping pretty well. 
 

BTW, yet again, his importance to our side shown by the highlights. There are four attacks featured.:-

 

1st attack - Reach sets up great chance

2nd attack - Reach cuts inside at pace and the keeper pushes his shot for a corner

3rd attack - goal

4th attack - clever Reach header sets up Lee to cross for Harris shot

 

 

Doesn’t count because he’s nesh when tackling. Some people won’t be happy until we get hutch playing on the wing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REACH out an' touch...

somebodys shin

make this world a better place

Get stuck in

REACH out and smash..

somebodys face,

forget about skill and

..forget about pace

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:


Nice Sarcasm, Knockaert is on loan to a 10th place championship club. It’s a well known fact that in January the best PL players are loaned to sides in the top 6 of the championship who are battling promotion. If we are still third in January I’d hope we could attract a decent loan player. Maybe have to sell the likes of Winnall or Rhodes to fund the wages but it’s not impossible. Your comment to sign Abraham’s isn’t funny or realistic, so a bit pointless really 

who the **** will BUY rhodes?

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, poite said:

 

Why would I not count it because he's Reach? 

 

I just don't rate him mate. That's all. I don't have a dart board at home with his face on it.

 

I'm hardly stood in the stands booing him or giving him hell. Like I said, who's the better option? There isn't one. 

You said he produces nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when Adam Reach used to wear No. 9 on his shirt?

Proper mad days, m8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judge a player by his performances, inconsistent at best is the honest answer. I don’t have favourites, I have players I believe i have seen enough of to know they will never deliver for us. I hasten to add I don’t class Reach in that category. Got say though for me he is behind Luongo, Hutchinson, Bannan and Harris in  that area, when it comes to level of performance this season

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Holmowl said:


I think there’s a danger of increased bitterness towards Reach. Many fans want FF to play at any cost. There’s only two players he can replace in Monk’s line-up, Reach or Harris. 
 

Fans should recognise that we have three fabulous players for two vital positions, and take great pleasure in that. It’s a long long season and whilst Reach can play a long hard campaign, we know FF can’t and there’s no certainty that Harris can.

 

As I’ve posted earlier, I loved the fact that we could replace a slightly below par Harris with a coiled-spring Forestieri. Wonderful options for Monk.


It’s nowt to do with FF.

He has only been fit and available for two games and was never going to be selected.

Fans have been having a go at Reach for two seasons .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Judge a player by his performances, inconsistent at best is the honest answer. I don’t have favourites, I have players I believe i have seen enough of to know they will never deliver for us. I hasten to add I don’t class Reach in that category. Got say though for me he is behind Luongo, Hutchinson, Bannan and Harris in  that area, when it comes to level of performance this season

Neither do I, I support the shirt

 

If we're being honest we haven't got one player that is premiership quality

 

To give more of an idea of where we are, I would say we don't have a single player that would make the Championship team of the year

 

I could name a current Championship player in every position, that is better than what we've got

 

I just don't get some Wednesday supporters, I'm not including you in this

 

We are where we are, this is what we've got, we're not going to make these players try harder if we slate them

 

If I was playing for any team, and the supporters were having a dig at me, no way would I try harder, if anything I'd think Fuuck it

 

We have a lot of critics that call themselves supporters, I don't know if it's some type of priviledge thing, where we think we are better than everyone else

 

All I know is I support the shirt, if Reach or anyone else for that matter is wearing that shirt I will support him, even if he's playing below his usual levels

 

The only way we are going to get out of this division is if we're all pulling in the same direction

 

Criticism won't get us where we want to go, support might

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

You said he produces nothing

 

I did yes. 

 

 Going to be honest and say you've completely lost me. I'm not sure what your point is unless you're one of those who interprets criticism as pure hatred...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, poite said:

I think he's a waste of a shirt but that's just my opinion. He works hard, runs around a lot but produces nothing. He's no threat at all. As soon as he gets the ball you know nothing will happen.

 

But to be fair to him he's getting picked because there's no better available options. 

 

Neg away lads

 

Nobody has been directly involved in more of our goals or provided more assists than Reach since he joined the club.

 

If that's 'producing nothing', then I dread to think what you make of the rest of our players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...