I felt like some people couldn’t wait for Reach to make a mistake tonight

We are obviously playing to quite a rigid defensive system and Reach is playing well in this system.

We saw when FF came on some glimpse of his quality, few tricks and runs, but for a defensive unit over 90 mins he hasn't got he discipline

to replace Reach,  so for people wanting him to replace Reach it won't happen.

He just needs to get that goal again - hopefully a repeat of his Leeds screamer next weekend.

Apart from a couple of sloppy passes/ bad choices I thought Reach was excellent 

He was everywhere and often put in a last ditch tackle put in 110%

Just because he hasn’t scored a screamer  for a while doesn’t mean he’s playing poorly, yes he could do a bit better especially with his final ball but he is still a first name on the team sheet for me

40 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Yep I'd  replace him for someone as good as knockaert as well .....if we can get someone like abrahams on loan I'd have fletch out also

Nice Sarcasm, Knockaert is on loan to a 10th place championship club. It’s a well known fact that in January the best PL players are loaned to sides in the top 6 of the championship who are battling promotion. If we are still third in January I’d hope we could attract a decent loan player. Maybe have to sell the likes of Winnall or Rhodes to fund the wages but it’s not impossible. Your comment to sign Abraham’s isn’t funny or realistic, so a bit pointless really 

Edited by Owls-Fan

23 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

Apart from a couple of sloppy passes/ bad choices I thought Reach was excellent 

He was everywhere and often put in a last ditch tackle put in 110%

Just because he hasn’t scored a screamer  for a while doesn’t mean he’s playing poorly, yes he could do a bit better especially with his final ball but he is still a first name on the team sheet for me

I think he has been playing poorly in terms of lack of involvement and seemed happy to pass on any responsibility or have any attacking intent 

Last night he had all those qualities in his game in my opinion 

It's not about flying into tackles it is about a will to win and do well, he had that yesterday  

8 hours ago, shandypants said:

I don’t think we should happy clap every fvvcker but it feels like Reach is becoming a bit of a scapegoat again. 

Of course they couldn’t wait. It gives them chance to tell their mates they were right.

He made a couple of rushed clearances after about 60 mins and on ifollow I could hear people shouting ‘gerrim off’ and ‘useless Reach’ as clear as day

Despite the fact that he was playing well, and on those occasions there wasn’t really much else he could do but try and hack it away

I wonder if he knows he's lined up for a move in January? Benfica were mentioned recently. I suspect our continued P&S problems are going to force a sale of someone before the end of the season?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

These idiots that slam Reach are clueless, he's so important to us, not just with his goals/assists but his off the ball play is excellent

I really hope Reach doesn't read the morons giving him stick on social media, I think he's brilliant

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

These idiots that slam Reach are clueless, he's so important to us, not just with his goals/assists but his off the ball play is excellent

I really hope Reach doesn't read the morons giving him stick on social media, I think he's brilliant

Me too mate. So do I.

Happily, so does Monk.

He worked hard last night and put a shift in. 

For some reason he seems to have lost a yard of pace. When he runs it is like he is running through treacle. 

I think he's a much better player than he is showing right now, but then Monk (and the managers before him) keep picking him. 

People are clamouring for Nando to start (can understand why), but I'd fully expect Reach to be lining up against Leeds on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Duran said:

We are obviously playing to quite a rigid defensive system and Reach is playing well in this system.

We saw when FF came on some glimpse of his quality, few tricks and runs, but for a defensive unit over 90 mins he hasn't got he discipline

to replace Reach,  so for people wanting him to replace Reach it won't happen.

He just needs to get that goal again - hopefully a repeat of his Leeds screamer next weekend.

I think there’s a danger of increased bitterness towards Reach. Many fans want FF to play at any cost. There’s only two players he can replace in Monk’s line-up, Reach or Harris. 

Fans should recognise that we have three fabulous players for two vital positions, and take great pleasure in that. It’s a long long season and whilst Reach can play a long hard campaign, we know FF can’t and there’s no certainty that Harris can.

As I’ve posted earlier, I loved the fact that we could replace a slightly below par Harris with a coiled-spring Forestieri. Wonderful options for Monk.

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He worked hard last night and put a shift in. 

For some reason he seems to have lost a yard of pace. When he runs it is like he is running through treacle. 

I think he's a much better player than he is showing right now, but then Monk (and the managers before him) keep picking him. 

People are clamouring for Nando to start (can understand why), but I'd fully expect Reach to be lining up against Leeds on Saturday. 

I didn’t see it that way. He showed great pace to get away from their man when he ran the ball away from our box. However, he has definitely lost stamina to run fast over a distance. Hence he took the foul despite getting beyond his man.

Agree he’s not been great going forward as of late but always works back to support our RB.  

Who else would people bring in? Murphy ha?! FF?! The latter wouldn’t be able to put half the shift in Reach does. 

The lad is just having a bit of a dip in form however still is consistent at 6/7 out of 10!