I felt like some people couldn’t wait for Reach to make a mistake tonight

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Did he make one, I didn’t recall that he did

There was one in the first half where he was in a good position to run at the defender heading towards the box but over-ran the ball and lost possession. Did well in a similar situation not long after that, forcing the keeper into a smart save.

Only pointing it out because you asked the question though and it is nitpicking a bit as he was much better tonight in what was generally a frustrating game all round. He seemed to be getting as frustrated as the crowd that Dawson kicks were being aimed towards him but he would have needed to have been 7 foot tall and stood on the touch line to keep the ball in many on too many occasions.

20 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

He's been a tad off form recently but yeah that's no excuse to scapegoat him, just needs to get himself back in gear and get some confidence back. Could do with another 30 yard screamer the :biggrin:

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Reach was solid tonight. Did the basics right and kept it simple. cant fault him tonight.

A big home goal would certainly help. That's why his decision not to shoot near the end was a good one. He could easily have had a dig from around the halfway line when the keeper was backtracking but he was never in an ideal position to hit it and would have more than likely just gifted the ball back to Stoke, as it was he wisely ran the clock down. Not spectacular by any means but as said above much better in terms of doing what was needed to get the result.

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Did he make one, I didn’t recall that he did

He knocked the ball too far ahead of himself after he was put through to run towards the right channel - he got dogs’ abuse for that. He also made a few close control mistakes (no more than anyone else) and got hammered for those mistakes also. Maybe it was just the people around me but he was getting some unwarranted criticism in my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A big home goal would certainly help. That's why his decision not to shoot near the end was a good one. He could easily have had a dig from around the halfway line when the keeper was backtracking but he was never in an ideal position to hit it and would have more than likely just gifted the ball back to Stoke, as it was he wisely ran the clock down. Not spectacular by any means but as said above much better in terms of doing what was needed to get the result.

That was intelligent play but it made me chuckle when the ball was then sat on the touch line and he just couldn’t resist touching it when he should have left it alone. 

I think they all had their precarious moments, but almost everyone wants every player to do better for themselves and we alike ! MOM for me tonight was shared Iorfa peeled the veg and Luongo prepared the meal. one without the other would not have worked. Overall the meal had plenty of fat but we managed to get the lean that was available. 

51 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Let's back the judgement of every manager he has every had here. 

One of the first names on the team sheet for them. 

So proves he does things right, even if we cant always see it.

This is the point that people fail to see.

Best game for a long time last night I thought. 

Did enough to be an attacking threat against a solid outfit and while others were losing their brains, he had a cool head at the right times with sensible runs, passes and overall decisions 

Agree with OP. 

There's a fat simpleton sits close behind me who has it in for Reach. Loathsome human being.

Last night he was largely blubbering away about his favourite topic, full backs holding position rather than committing to tackles.

But he had a big moan when in stoppage time Reach broke with the ball and made for the corner flag rather than attempting to score from the halfway line. Absolute bell. 

Reach had a good game last night. Not a great game, but a good one. 

7 hours ago, shandypants said:

I don’t think we should happy clap every fvvcker but it feels like Reach is becoming a bit of a scapegoat again. 

Surely we already have a good selection of scapegoats in the team.

Dawson Fox and Palmer all played tonight and I finished with a very sore throat, booing all three at every touch. And when they didn't get a touch, I shouted 'slow fookers' at the top of my voice. I nearly wet myself when big lump Nuhiu came on. 

I think it worked, as fans round me kept looking at me as if impressed.  And we won, so the players must have responded well to our lack of encouragement.  

I personally can't stand happy clappers.   Let's all be miserable on Saturday and show those L##ds fans how to do it.

I see we've gone third in the league. A bit unfortunate.  Reminds me of Clueless Carlos's disastrous time here.  A good relegation scrap is always more pleasing than that ridiculous passing stuff they sometimes attempt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jaydubz said:

What does he offer the team? I would like to see him dropped/ rested now. Probably FF in his place.

And please dont say long range shooting because that hasn't happened for months!

His main attribute is workrate and miles covered. But as a wide player he could be offering more to our attacking game than he does. We clearly need to add some creativity into the side and when you look around at who to drop, it wouldn’t be Fletcher, Harris, Bannan, Hutchinson. So that leaves Reach or Luongo. If we could find a similar player to Knockaert in January (on loan) I’d have him in our setup instead of Reach right now.  

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

His main attribute is workrate and miles covered. But as a wide player he could be offering more to our attacking game than he does. We clearly need to add some creativity into the side and when you look around at who to drop, it wouldn’t be Fletcher, Harris, Bannan, Hutchinson. So that leaves Reach or Luongo. If we could find a similar player to Knockaert in January (on loan) I’d have him in our setup instead of Reach right now.  

Exactly, he just doesnt offer enough creativity for a wide player IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yep I'd  replace him for someone as good as knockaert as well .....if we can get someone like abrahams on loan I'd have fletch out also

Edited by torryowl
  • Haha 4