Dawson and Fox

1 minute ago, SwellOwl said:

He hasn’t been perfect but who has? Last 2 games he has done a job and he is the future for that position. Needs to be backed.

I don’t expect him to be perfect - or any player - but he was poor in the first game. Certainly below the performance I’d expect at this level.

Recency bias is so strong at the moment due to that outstanding save against Stoke.

For me he hasn’t done enough to claim the number one shirt.

Edited by McRightSide

3 hours ago, Stokey said:

His weakness imo is he is prone to just switching off at key moments every now and then.

Worse than that is the fact he is totally uncomfortable with the ball at his feet and can’t wait to get rid of it. We need a good measured passer behind Harris to deliver passes that will give him the time and space to open teams up. 

20 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

A couple of steady games and you all think fox is good enough. I'm sticking to my view that he is not championship standard. I am however delighted he has improved.

If he gets a new contract in the summer I'd be shocked

He’s been steady for about 9 months

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Well done brains, the question was more why? 

Two reasons 

He kicked it towards Fletcher early on but he wasn’t winning many.

As Harris ain’t going to win many Reach is the only other option. 

Also it’s a common tactic to clear the ball wide rather than centrally.

Lose a header in the centre and there is a good chance it is coming straight back at you.

Lose a header out wide , there is a good chance it will go out of play and you end up with an attacking throw in .

Of course we aren’t very good at throw ins but at least we are in their half 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

He’s been steady for about 9 months

I agree. I think he’s improved to a 7 out of 10 player and been pretty consistent if not brilliant. I remember Lewis Buxton being lambasted for years before turning into one of our best servants.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Two reasons 

Lose a header in the centre and there is a good chance it is coming straight back at you.

Lose a header out wide , there is a good chance it will go out of play and you end up with an attacking throw in .

By that logic, winning a header out wide is more likely to go out for a throw in to the opposition than it is if we win one in the centre. Tbh it comes down to who wins the second balls rather than the initial header as it’s pretty difficult to accurately pick out a man with a flick on when the ball has been in the air for 50 yards

8 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Two reasons 

No use talking sense on here

21 hours ago, Stokey said:

His weakness imo is he is prone to just switching off at key moments every now and then.

I'd say his weakness is his footballing ability.

(That does sound alot more harsh than i wanted it to)

What i mean by this is, he's a steady lower end championship/high end league 1 player. He will try and give his all every game, but he won't ever take a man on or go on a mazey attacking run, because he doesn't have it in his locker. If he plays well, he can have a steady game and put a few good tackles in. That's just his level. No point in booing him for it, it's not his fault, he definitely gives it his all. 

18 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

So Westwood has been consistent all season or are you basing it off that save he made vs Wigan?

Keepers like other players make mistakes.

In terms of consistency this season Dawson has been steadier than Westwood. Aside from positioning for the Cardiff free kick not sure Dawson has done too much wrong. Westwood has cost us a few points more than Cammy has this season