Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Didn’t hear any booing when the team was announced.

Thought they were both excellent too.

Brilliant second half save to preserve the lead from Dawson

Good long ball to Luongo from Fox for the goal.

 

Anybody going to rubbish  the pair of them tonight

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree. Apart from the long ball to Luongo that was just a whack up field that Fletcher turned into a great ball.

 

 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m neither a Fox or Dawson fan and have been critical in the past. One save (brilliant) doesn’t make a game. Awful in distribution, can’t kick accurately or long and doesn’t command his box. Free header he saved (brilliantly) was because he didn’t come and claim an easy catch.

 

Fox, on the other hand, played his best game for us and was motm 1st half. Really pleased for him, hope he keeps it up.

 

Everyone panicked for the last 20 mins or so but showed grit to see it out. Way too many stupid free kicks given away in our half.

 

3rd!! We must be doing something right WAWAW UTO!!

Edited by toooldforthis
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

I’m neither a Fox or Dawson fan and have been critical in the past. One save (brilliant) doesn’t make a game. Awful in distribution, can’t kick accurately or long and doesn’t command his box. Free header he saved (brilliantly) was because he didn’t come and claim an easy catch.

 

Fox, on the other hand, played his best game for us and was motm 1st half. Really pleased for him, hope he keeps it up.

 

Everyone panicked for the last 20 mins or so but showed grit to see it out. Way too many stupid free kicks given away in our half.

 

3rd!! We must be doing something right WAWAW UTO!!

He constantly kicked it to reach which was obviously planned. The CB s were huge so no point kicking to fletcher every time. Harris is quite short as are bannan and luongo so where else do you want him to kick it?

 

As for an easy catch I don’t even know where to start.

 

He does need to command his area better in general though.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do we have to have a thread every time Dawson makes a decent save.

 

As brilliant as it was, any keeper in the football league is capable of making good saves - that’s why they are goalkeepers. 
 

It’s not just being a shot stopper that makes a top keeper and no one has ever said Dawson isn’t a good shot stopper.

 

It’s the rest of his game that needs work i.e. distribution and claiming crosses. 
 

Not trying to bash the lad. He’s inexperienced in keeper terms and these things can be worked on, but why the need to point score because he made a good save.

 

People have reservations on his other attributes and rightly so.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 83owl said:

He constantly kicked it to reach which was obviously planned. The CB s were huge so no point kicking to fletcher every time. Harris is quite short as are bannan and luongo so where else do you want him to kick it?

 

As for an easy catch I don’t even know where to start.

 

He does need to command his area better in general though.

 

Yeah...spotted that. The scraps Reach did win (about 30%) ended up with them having second ball. If that is the plan then he should send Fletcher out wide next to the full back and Reach inside (it worked for Luongo's goal). It's clearly a Monk game plan until he gets a midfield that can compete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it odd how quick everyone is to leap on Dawson for not claiming crosses or distribution when Westwood isn't any better in either aspect of his game. In fact Westwood's kicking is abysmal. As for crossing, I do agree I'd rather Dawson was more assertive in coming to claim them but a lot of keepers (Westwood included) don't seem to come for crosses often these days. Seems to me like it's being coached out of goalkeepers for some reason.

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox’s looked pretty steady (nowt sparking) managed t’get into a few decent crossing positions & gets t’do it in...clueless why our fans boo him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Andysowls said:

Fox’s looked pretty steady (nowt sparking) managed t’get into a few decent crossing positions & gets t’do it in...clueless why our fans boo him

 

His weakness imo is he is prone to just switching off at key moments every now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 83owl said:

He constantly kicked it to reach which was obviously planned. The CB s were huge so no point kicking to fletcher every time. Harris is quite short as are bannan and luongo so where else do you want him to kick it?

 

As for an easy catch I don’t even know where to start.

 

He does need to command his area better in general though.

Couldn’t for the life of me understand why he was kicking to Reach.

 

yep, let’s put every goal kick on the head of someone who can’t head the ball to save his life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team is playing with confidence as Monk has clearly instilled some discipline, structure and a system the players are comfortable with.

 

..no surprise certain individuals are playing better.
 

once Lees is back we should get even better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Couldn’t for the life of me understand why he was kicking to Reach.

 

yep, let’s put every goal kick on the head of someone who can’t head the ball to save his life 


I would say it was because the manager told him to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Team is playing with confidence as Monk has clearly instilled some discipline, structure and a system the players are comfortable with.

 

..no surprise certain individuals are playing better.
 

once Lees is back we should get even better 

Do you think Lees will be playing because I can’t see it. We aren’t going to go 3 at the back.. and Borner and Iorfa have been immense. Unless Iorfa goes to right back, which might disrupt the defence, he’s going to be on the bench 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Couldn’t for the life of me understand why he was kicking to Reach.

 

yep, let’s put every goal kick on the head of someone who can’t head the ball to save his life 

Where would you suggest he kick it to then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Do you think Lees will be playing because I can’t see it. We aren’t going to go 3 at the back.. and Borner and Iorfa have been immense. Unless Iorfa goes to right back, which might disrupt the defence, he’s going to be on the bench 


..a lot will depend on how Lees does in training 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox and Dawson have been a plus the last two games. Personally I think both should keep their places but can see Dawson back on bench for Westwood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Fox and Dawson have been a plus the last two games. Personally I think both should keep their places but can see Dawson back on bench for Westwood.


It’s like one outstanding save has made everyone forget how poor Dawson was in the first game he played.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, McRightSide said:


It’s like one outstanding save has made everyone forget how poor Dawson was in the first game he played.


So Westwood has been consistent all season or are you basing it off that save he made vs Wigan?

 

Keepers like other players make mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...