Jump to content

Recommended Posts

He's a fecking hero was my comment at the time......a brilliant block.

 

Got to admit he's surprised me, thought he would give me kittens playing centre half, but he's been a revelation.

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Stunning tackle he was solid once again as was Borner.

 

One thing we have absolutely nailed this season is our centre backs, Borner and Iorfa is as good as anything in the league IMO.

Just a shame it will be broken up once Lees is fit. Because I really dont see Monk leaving him out long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused, are we talking about something on the pitch or his bits and pieces?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was excellent. Well timed and executed perfectly. Brilliant defending.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Him and Borner are number one partnership for me, I honestly dont see how Lees fits back into that line up unless we maybe opt for a back 3 at times. Speaking of defence what the hell has happened to David Bates? He doesn't seem to have played much at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry tonight I can't agree - he was not calm in possession, was rushed easily and made poor passes forward under pressure.   

 

A lot of tonight was the fact we did not keep possession and Iorfa was a contributing factor to that.

 

The man needs to have less rushes of blood to the head and be more calm, read the game a little better and stop having to over react because he saw a ball late.

 

However, I am being over critical, we did win, and his mistakes did not cost us tonight.

  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only just got away with that tackle. It was his trailing leg that got the ball, not the one he led with. Necessary, but lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

No, not his Tallywhacker

 

The tackle in the box in the second half

 

Awesome

 

He has become a top quality centre half . Lees is going to have to wait for his chance once he is fit because he aint going to shift Dom or Borner on current form.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like him a lot, challenges every ball and his pace makes us harder to get past. Hope we stick by him when he drops a clanger or has a bad game

 

 Think Lees form had been poor for a while so not sorry to see him out the line up but he will keep em on their toes for sure.

Big Dom and Borner to be the 2 on showings so far...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Sorry tonight I can't agree - he was not calm in possession, was rushed easily and made poor passes forward under pressure.   

 

A lot of tonight was the fact we did not keep possession and Iorfa was a contributing factor to that.

 

The man needs to have less rushes of blood to the head and be more calm, read the game a little better and stop having to over react because he saw a ball late.

 

However, I am being over critical, we did win, and his mistakes did not cost us tonight.

His athleticism certainly helps get him out of situations he finds himself in from a short lapse in concentration. Him and borner seem to work so well as they both have strengths which are completely different to each other, no reason to bring lees back in he has to wait his time.

 

Passing was a bit off tonight but he wasn’t alone in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

Only just got away with that tackle. It was his trailing leg that got the ball, not the one he led with. Necessary, but lucky.

 

So what? Still constitutes part of the block! What a stupid comment!

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Him and Borner are number one partnership for me, I honestly dont see how Lees fits back into that line up unless we maybe opt for a back 3 at times. Speaking of defence what the hell has happened to David Bates? He doesn't seem to have played much at all.

 

Your first statement pretty much answers the question, the centre backs have been excellent and unless an injury or two occurs Bates won't be getting in the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...