Monk Owls Record

Fabulous start

P7. W4. D2. L1. GF10. GA4

We aren’t playing like Barcelona. But we are highly efficient and resilient. 

Four of of these games have been away. Even more impressive. 

Four goals against in 7 games is superb.

Ten scored in 7 is good, though four were at Boro. Certainly scoring a second goal in games is where we struggle.

But seven games in he has made us bloody tough to play against. 

Terrific start. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Averaging 2pts per game - this is Top 2 form. 

Very positive start but really do need to by more deadly in front of goal to score that 2nd goal to kill games off. Can’t afford to have too many more lost points like Cardiff due to not getting that 2nd goal

14 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Agreed, Monk's doing well with the cards he's been dealt

We're never going to score bucket loads with the players we have, but we're very organised at the back and everyone seem's to know their roles.

Only another 17 1-0 wins and we're laughing.

Agree, goals win you games, defences win you championships.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, torryowl said:

We have a good squad and can cover most positions like for like . Monk seems to be tactically sound ..... I dont understand the negativity.  

Don’t think there is much negativity tbh. Think people have largely realistic expectations and although we aren’t playing fantastic we are grinding out the points. I’m happy with that. 

58 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Fabulous start

Ten scored in 7 is good, though four were at Boro. Certainly scoring a second goal in games is where we struggle.

Terrific start. 

Couldnt ask for anything more from Monk . averaging 2pts a game is promotion form. 

Under Monk, won 4, lost one, against teams in the bottom 8.

The other bottom three teams in the bottom 8, all beaten under Bullen.

We haven't beaten a team (currently) above 17th in the table.

Only picked up two points all season against teams (currently) 16th and higher.

That record will be put right on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Fabulous start

Terrific start. 

I agree, I think we are doing well. He was the best choice available, and hes pretty well delivered up to now.

I honestly think this league is wide open, not seen any team that is really strong. I think we should go for it, big style.

2 minutes ago, Sheff44 said:

I agree, I think we are doing well. He was the best choice available, and hes pretty well delivered up to now.

I honestly think this league is wide open, not seen any team that is really strong. I think we should go for it, big style.

I agree.

Season after season we think the league is full of really strong teams, but it doesn’t turn out that way.

Once again it’s an ordinary season. We’ve a decent shout.

Good start indeed 

But let's not kid ourselves we've played some awful teams so far 

Stoke had nothing upfront and bar a class save from Dawson they never looked like scoring 

Leeds will be a big test ,some players need to up their game now 

I just hope that if we are still in and around the top 2 in Christmas/New year, DC backs Monk in the transfer window with what ever is available. 

Monk is doing an exceptional job with what he has but there is still something that needs tweaking slightly...another striker to get this elusive second goal, I’m not quite sure but I am confident Monk would get it it right.

We couldn’t ask for much more at this stage. Top start!!

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

We have mediocre players and are getting results . Not sure what else can be asked of him 

Agree we couldn’t ask any more, but mediocre players is harsh. I’d say 7-8 of the team last night are as good as anything else you’d find in this league.  It’s just a couple of attacking players needed to give our organised side a creative spark. If we signed an attacking left back to replace Fox and creative winger to replace Reach I’d say the team is as good as anyone else 

24 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agree we couldn’t ask any more, but mediocre players is harsh. I’d say 7-8 of the team last night are as good as anything else you’d find in this league.  It’s just a couple of attacking players needed to give our organised side a creative spark. If we signed an attacking left back to replace Fox and creative winger to replace Reach I’d say the team is as good as anyone else 

I’d say Harris , fletcher , borner and iorfa is . Luongo is decent and will get better if he shakes off these nigglings injuries . Palmer is a solid right back . The rest for me I’d like to improve on