Early days, Cowley, Monk or Rowett

6 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Monks relative success doesn’t mean the Cowleys are crap or that Gary (lump on) Rowett won’t do well.

I know some folk are keen to replace the full backs but I hope he goes in to the loan market in Jan to get a young midfielder with energy who can pick a pass and a pacy hungry striker.

Essentially we are still relying on a core of good pros who have just come up short in the past and are likely to do so again. 

Spot on

6 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Monks relative success doesn’t mean the Cowleys are crap or that Gary (lump on) Rowett won’t do well.

I know some folk are keen to replace the full backs but I hope he goes in to the loan market in Jan to get a young midfielder with energy who can pick a pass and a pacy hungry striker.

Essentially we are still relying on a core of good pros who have just come up short in the past and are likely to do so again. 

it was the poison chalice of taking us over.

no money (much it seems) to spend on incomings, it's running down the wall it was urinated up.

few players on our books worth a fee, IF moving.

an ageing side that needs additions at present to push on, and if we don't do it this term (money restrictions taken into account) that 'aging' side will be a year older next term, and of less value 'performance and value' wise.

On 23/10/2019 at 08:16, Mr Farrell said:

We are awful to watch, but getting results.

Monks test will come if he stops getting results.

I don’t think that is true. Monk has played the hand he has been dealt well. A lot of the sides we have played, indeeed most of the teams in this league are not interested in playing football. We continue to make more chances than we score, but we are picking up points and are THIRD.

Well done Monk, so far so good.

On 23/10/2019 at 08:16, Mr Farrell said:

We are awful to watch, but getting results.

Monks test will come if he stops getting results.

it will, the 'pass it square along the backline brigade' will be on it like a tramp on chips, pointing out 'he's dinosaur' and everyone who knows anything about football knows a goal can only count if 25 passes have preceded it, and all the defenders have touched the ball 4 times each.

18 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

You know what, even though Bruce showed his colours and did the dirty, I still will wonder for a while what this season would have been for us under him had Newcastle not come knocking.........now the fact they knocked 10 times to others is besides the point, but one can only wonder what Bruce would have done this season with us.   Truth be told none of us will ever know if it would have been better or worse, or what the long term plan was.

He was a deserter. 

Pudding after his kebab.

Cheesecake after his mixed grill

And Banoffee Pie after his fish and chips.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Pieman said:

I don’t think that is true. Monk has played the hand he has been dealt well. A lot of the sides we have played, indeeed most of the teams in this league are not interested in playing football. We continue to make more chances than we score, but we are picking up points and are THIRD.

Well done Monk, so far so good.

Surely every club make more chances than they score? No club scores from every chance they make!