Early days, Cowley, Monk or Rowett

We are a left back, centre forward and winger away from being serious top two contenders in my opinion we say it every year this year is there for the taking but as it stands we’ve got ourself in a really good position

not sure if penny could be that left back and not sure if we can get any deals done for any of the other two positions I’m convinced we are stuck with Rhodes and winnal they could have been our hope to get players in but I can’t see anyone touching them 

good place to be in lets eta go get a result on Saturday 

• Like 1

On 23/10/2019 at 06:42, bigash_swfc said:

I think everyone of them would have done well with this team. Its motivated, hard working and the league postition shows that. 

The difference will come in January. Will Garry Monk have assessed the team well enough to add the correct spark. 

He seems to have learned from the mistake of playing 4-4-2 with our losses against Hull. QPR. They could have been avoided. Millwall away was a complete fluke result. Preston away was an off day for Moses Odubajo. Last 17 mins against Cardiff, going 4-4-2 was utterly insane but I'm sure he's aware. Instead of plugging gaps and paying respect, we went all Rambo and tried to blow them away, which ultimately failed.

Performances aren't the best. I'm not running down to Hillsborough for a ticket just yet, however its winning football. Long may it continue.

Bit harsh on QPR as he wasn’t in charge! :laugh:

On 23/10/2019 at 19:54, theowlsman said:

Monk. 

Crazy question.

He’s better than that fat, disingenuous, Geordie bloke who is taking Newcastle down, whatshisname

You know what, even though Bruce showed his colours and did the dirty, I still will wonder for a while what this season would have been for us under him had Newcastle not come knocking.........now the fact they knocked 10 times to others is besides the point, but one can only wonder what Bruce would have done this season with us.   Truth be told none of us will ever know if it would have been better or worse, or what the long term plan was.

4 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

The question needs to be asked at end of the season. Currently, Monk knows what he is doing, keep it up.

Absolutely, and i'm not sure if you look at the table it will tell the full story come the end of the season.

Just wanted to gauge people's opinion now, and let's do so not just at the end of the season but maybe just after Christmas too.    

I'm personally not convinced on Monk, he says the right words and currently I think he has a great % win ratio, but it is early days as I said.

Equally i'm not sure on the other two either though, guess i'm just a pessimist when i'm not sure on something.

So far so good for monk. Perfect style of football as we are Winning. If you want possession stats and ex g nonsense then go elsewhere. This team is made on keeping clean sheets and taking our chances. Keep doing that and we’ll be fine

On 23/10/2019 at 02:21, Owl999 said:

Never understood why anyone wanted the Cowley brothers,  probably the same people that wanted Steve Evans a few seasons ago .

Huddersfield had played 7, lost 6, drawn 1 when they came in. 

Since then they've played 7, lost 2, drawn 3, won 2. Unbeaten in 5. Go on their fans forum and people are saying they haven't looked as good since going up under Wagner. 

Monks off field issues put me off at the outset but in terms of his actual record he was one of the top choices. Still young, managed at the top and some big clubs and he’s quite level headed/a thinker. His teams do well.

I think all three are of a similar mould and get that bit extra from their team. But Monk just has that extra bit of experience at the top end which probably makes the difference.

9 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Absolutely, and i'm not sure if you look at the table it will tell the full story come the end of the season.

Just wanted to gauge people's opinion now, and let's do so not just at the end of the season but maybe just after Christmas too.    

I'm personally not convinced on Monk, he says the right words and currently I think he has a great % win ratio, but it is early days as I said.

Equally i'm not sure on the other two either though, guess i'm just a pessimist when i'm not sure on something.

Can I ask why you're not convinced on Monk?

It is early days but surely you can see the improvement in the team shape since taking over from Bullen?

Had to laugh at the commentator at the Udders match the other night. He said that Cowley had called the terrier mascot into his office n told him to be more enthusiastic after the mascot had spit the dummy out n sat down on the edge of the pitch against us. Mascot motivation at its best :duntmatter:

Monks relative success doesn’t mean the Cowleys are crap or that Gary (lump on) Rowett won’t do well.

I know some folk are keen to replace the full backs but I hope he goes in to the loan market in Jan to get a young midfielder with energy who can pick a pass and a pacy hungry striker.

Essentially we are still relying on a core of good pros who have just come up short in the past and are likely to do so again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Had to laugh at the commentator at the Udders match the other night. He said that Cowley had called the terrier mascot into his office n told him to be more enthusiastic after the mascot had spit the dummy out n sat down on the edge of the pitch against us. Mascot motivation at its best :duntmatter:

1601363726_HuddersfieldMascot.thumb.jpg.95f3e7e8042b6ea9a397b90d3d74f16c.jpg

'It's bad enough having to watch Huddersfield every other week, but to do so whilst dressed as a scruffy dog really does make me question my life choices...'

• Haha 1