Early days, Cowley, Monk or Rowett

I think everyone of them would have done well with this team. Its motivated, hard working and the league postition shows that. 

The difference will come in January. Will Garry Monk have assessed the team well enough to add the correct spark. 

He seems to have learned from the mistake of playing 4-4-2 with our losses against Hull. QPR. They could have been avoided. Millwall away was a complete fluke result. Preston away was an off day for Moses Odubajo. Last 17 mins against Cardiff, going 4-4-2 was utterly insane but I'm sure he's aware. Instead of plugging gaps and paying respect, we went all Rambo and tried to blow them away, which ultimately failed.

Performances aren't the best. I'm not running down to Hillsborough for a ticket just yet, however its winning football. Long may it continue.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

I think everyone of them would have done well with this team. Its motivated, hard working and the league postition shows that. 

The difference will come in January. Will Garry Monk have assessed the team well enough to add the correct spark. 

He seems to have learned from the mistake of playing 4-4-2 with our losses against Hull. QPR. They could have been avoided. Millwall away was a complete fluke result. Preston away was an off day for Moses Odubajo. Last 17 mins against Cardiff, going 4-4-2 was utterly insane but I'm sure he's aware. Instead of plugging gaps and paying respect, we went all Rambo and tried to blow them away, which ultimately failed.

Performances aren't the best. I'm not running down to Hillsborough for a ticket just yet, however its winning football. Long may it continue.

And you know what? I bet there are several other clubs saying the same thing

Nobody has hit form, I’ve not heard any fans of other clubs saying how well they’re doing and they’ve clicked

A good team picks up points when they’re not playing their best - which we’re doing. We need to be in the top 6 at Christmas and we’ve got a right chance

9 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

And you know what? I bet there are several other clubs saying the same thing

Nobody has hit form, I’ve not heard any fans of other clubs saying how well they’re doing and they’ve clicked

A good team picks up points when they’re not playing their best - which we’re doing. We need to be in the top 6 at Christmas and we’ve got a right chance

Absolutely spot on.  I'm never comfortable being a front runner from the start of a season. As long as we are in the top 6 at Christmas (as you say) and comfortably in place points wise from the automatics, we should be able to have a real go for promotion.

Personally would have been happy with any of them. Monk is doing a very good job so far but like you have said very early days, Cowleys are picking up a few decent results with Hudds and Rowett hasnt even taken charge of a game yet!

Edited by WalthamOwl

24 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

My Leeds supporting mate at the weekend was telling me how they would win the league and its only a question of by how many points! 

Probably doesn't count as:

a) hes a Leeds fan

b) Hes a bit of a b***end

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

We are awful to watch, but getting results.

Monks test will come if he stops getting results.

This will be the championship this season..  not too many brilliant football playing teams to dazzle,  but a pack of teams able to grind out results.

The "better" teams (Fulham, WBA & Leeds) are inconsistent.

At the moment we are looking great defensively and making scoring against us very difficult.  Lets hope it continues and we can keep grinding out decent

results.