Fernando Forestieri

Most of our problems come from having nothing to keep the ball in an attacking position. 

Him left and Harris right of Fletcher gives you pace and quality that reach doesn't have. Whilst loses you a couple of km in running that reach gives you. But I want to see that front 3 really badly because I think that's where we will cause teams massive problems. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I didnt rate him tonight apart from that run and win of a free kick.

He was trying to be too fancy Dan. 

Then again, that kind of play can sometimes create a chance but when it doesn't it's frustrating. 

A few too many tricks that didn’t come off when the simple ball was more dangerous to the opposition. 

Was better as the game went on as he is understandably rusty. 

45 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I didnt rate him tonight apart from that run and win of a free kick.

He was trying to be too fancy Dan. 

Then again, that kind of play can sometimes create a chance but when it doesn't it's frustrating. 

Blooming fancy dans with their tricks and flicks and goals. Is that you Danny?

18 minutes ago, jrh said:

Most of our problems come from having nothing to keep the ball in an attacking position. 

Him left and Harris right of Fletcher gives you pace and quality that reach doesn't have. Whilst loses you a couple of km in running that reach gives you. But I want to see that front 3 really badly because I think that's where we will cause teams massive problems. 

Just like every other manager, Monk has played Reach as an ever-present.

He’s played all but 40 minutes of our 630 under Monk. We’ve taken two points per game. 

He is not going to drop him. He’d be crackers to do so, and he’s not crackers.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Just like every other manager, Monk has played Reach as an ever-present.

He’s played all but 40 minutes of our 630 under Monk. We’ve taken two points per game. 

He is not going to drop him. He’d be crackers to do so, and he’s not crackers.

When Tom Lee's is fit is going to be interesting because how do you break up Iorfa and Borner.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

When Tom Lee's is fit is going to be interesting because how do you break up Iorfa and Borner.

I think an Iorfa-Lees-Borner-Fox back four is pretty mouth-watering.

That said, with the Iorfa-Borner pairing we have conceded four in seven games. I agree, it’s going to be an interesting call. 

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Was on about this tonight, I don’t see how you can ?  I’ve said it a few times on here aswell even back in summer I said if Lees picks up an injury he’s gonna have dramas getting back in 

Westwood will start struggling soon aswell if you ask me, Safe enough for the time being but Dawson is on his heels without any doubt , how he kept Gregory’s effort out tonight is beyond me was like a Pressman save in a steel city derby 

1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

Delighted to see him back on the pitch tonight - thought he really added some composure on the ball and an extra dimension going forward. 

He could be the difference this season.

Question is where do you put him and who do you drop? Or do you leave him as a sub? 

Impact sub for me. The two who you could drop for him are Harris or Reach , but that aint going to happen. Fessi cant play as a striker and isnt a midfielder. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Impact sub for me. The two who you could drop for him are Harris or Reach , but that aint going to happen. Fessi cant play as a striker and isnt a midfielder. 

He could play "off" the striker, like Hirst and Williams (although not as good).

But that is a brave decision on the set up.

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Was on about this tonight, I don’t see how you can ?  I’ve said it a few times on here aswell even back in summer I said if Lees picks up an injury he’s gonna have dramas getting back in 

Westwood will start struggling soon aswell if you ask me, Safe enough for the time being but Dawson is on his heels without any doubt , how he kept Gregory’s effort out tonight is beyond me was like a Pressman save in a steel city derby 

Lees and Westwood are still massive players for us though. And like Hutchinson, Bannan and Reach seem to be. Impossible to leave out. No matter who the manager is. ( Forget about Jos. Something not right about his time here.)

Just now, MAL said:

He could play "off" the striker, like Hirst and Williams (although not as good).

It would be very brave . We have a system Monk has settled on ,and its working well. 

I was keen to see him come on, unfortunately he was on a hiding to nothing as we were playing without purpose, composure or much of anything else for that matter. 

He'll leave on a free and reinvent himself somewhere else, another financially painful lesson for us.

20 minutes ago, MAL said:

Depends if you want FF to play more than you want the team to win.

The team is winning. Leave it be. Let FF impress in training and when he comes on. If he does that enough he will earn a start. But for Christ’s sake let’s not start changing a winning formula AGAIN to squeeze him in.

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Depends if you want FF to play more than you want the team to win.

The team is winning. Leave it be. Let FF impress in training and when he comes on. If he does that enough he will earn a start. But for Christ’s sake let’s not start changing a winning formula AGAIN to squeeze him in.

9 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

It would be very brave . We have a system Monk has settled on ,and its working well. 

I was just replying how he "could" play up front.

It wasn't a statement that i wanted him to play.