Westwood or Dawson

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Doesn't change the fact its.. "Either/ Or".. between two keepers who arent a million miles away from each other in terms of competence

But Westwood has been at fault or partly to blame in far too many goals this season. He is not beyond droppable. Dawson deserves a few games in a row for me. 

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

You do know we are talking about Kieron Westwood, our goalkeeper, don’t you?

of all the comments on here about anything, that’s got to be the furthest from the truth I’ve ever read

Take stock of what happens on the pitch, especially when we are offering nothing going forwards.

Quite often the initiative happens from one particular quarter, and that has been Westwood.

17 minutes ago, Ian said:

You do know we are talking about Kieron Westwood, our goalkeeper, don’t you?

of all the comments on here about anything, that’s got to be the furthest from the truth I’ve ever read

And if I was going to be pedantic, i'd say no.   We are talking about Kieren Westwood.    Also, you probably don't go to matches if you don't think that Westwood tries to start attacks, where quite frankly Dawson slows play down to beyond pedestrian and his distribution is beyond diabolical.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Haha 1

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

And if I was going to be pedantic, i'd say no.   We are talking about Kieren Westwood.    Also, you probably don't go to matches if you don't think that Westwood tries to start attacks, where quite frankly Dawson slows play down to beyond pedestrian.

I like Westwood but he often takes the pace out if the game.

Sometimes very very slow to react (not always)

7 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Take stock of what happens on the pitch, especially when we are offering nothing going forwards.

Quite often the initiative happens from one particular quarter, and that has been Westwood.

Westwood takes an age whether we are winning or losing. Neither are great with their distribution but that is definitely one thing you cannot big up Westwood with. 

Experienced keeper who cannot kick to save his life. 

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

And if I was going to be pedantic, i'd say no.   We are talking about Kieren Westwood.    Also, you probably don't go to matches if you don't think that Westwood tries to start attacks, where quite frankly Dawson slows play down to beyond pedestrian and his distribution is beyond diabolical.

You see when you start with the “you probably don’t go to games” crap you really need to ensure that you go more often than the person you are throwing that at.....and unfortunately for you, you don’t.

that apart if you think Westwood starts quick attacks then you crack on, there’s no point in debating something so obvious to 99%

28 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

But Westwood has been at fault or partly to blame in far too many goals this season. He is not beyond droppable. Dawson deserves a few games in a row for me. 

Ive no problem with dropping him mate...I just think there is little difference between either of 'em

22 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

What a load ofshit!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ian said:

You see when you start with the “you probably don’t go to games” crap you really need to ensure that you go more often than the person you are throwing that at.....and unfortunately for you, you don’t.

that apart if you think Westwood starts quick attacks then you crack on, there’s no point in debating something so obvious to 99%

Well as neither of us knows the other, then it's probably a point that isn't able to be argued.     I know how often I have been since being quite young and if you beat that then brilliant.    However ......I still think you are wrong.

If you do go as often as you say, stay off the drink or get a better interpreter.

Edited by Salmonbones

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

You might be right...I sent a bloke off this morning for being gingerist!

The things is, despite backing Westwood I have also said he should not be beyond being dropped.

But then again some people just don't see that some things are not black or white, there are actually many things inbetween.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Dawson needs to start Wednesday.

Too many errors now from Westwood, he needs dropping for a little while.

Do you think he's the only one?   - and that's not a leading question, I genuinely mean it.

My reasoning is, if he's not the only one then something else needs to be done too.    Get them in, give them the riot act - find out why they turn off after 80 minutes etc.

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Well as neither of us knows the other, then it's probably a point that isn't able to be argued.     I know how often I have been since being quite young and if you beat that then brilliant.    However ......I still think you are wrong.

If you do go as often as you say, stay off the drink or get a better interpreter.

You’re right I don’t know you.....I do know however that you don’t go to more games than me. You might go to as many, but not more....which given you intimated I don’t go at all is some error on your part

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

How does you being sentient make you have an IQ better than a snail?

Ooops, no, my bad.    It doesn't.

Wow...what a well thought out point.....I think you’ve said more about your own IQ in that post than mine!