Westwood or Dawson

53 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Like having to choose between Iraq and Syria for a summer holiday at the moment. 

Westwood as we know is the best keeper in the league and probably the best keeper in our clubs history but it looks like time and injuries have caught up with him. 

Dawson is just terrible. 19? Games last season without a clean sheet speaks volumes and ultimately his errors cost us the chances of a playoff spot at the end of lasting season. We can't have faith in a keeper like this. 

We we really need to improve in this area in the January window. 

This is unfair on Dawson.  Last season under Luhukay our defence was an absolute shambles and constantly playing itself into trouble, and Dawson was facing more shots on goal than any other team in the division.  Any keeper would have struggled to have kept clean sheets under those circumstances.

This season in three starts with a better defensive unit ahead of him, he's kept two clean sheets and only conceded one goal - which was the controversial one against Cardiff.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, David1867 said:

Like having to choose between Iraq and Syria for a summer holiday at the moment. 

Westwood as we know is the best keeper in the league and probably the best keeper in our clubs history but it looks like time and injuries have caught up with him. 

Dawson is just terrible. 19? Games last season without a clean sheet speaks volumes and ultimately his errors cost us the chances of a playoff spot at the end of lasting season. We can't have faith in a keeper like this. 

Wow.......and this years performances?

I seem to remember one clean sheet including a brilliant penalty save somewhere quite local.....or has that I e slipped your tiny mind?

Dawson did one thing wrong/ right...carried out his manager's instructions. He had good will in spades, local lad, keeper, fellow owl.... he could have had a rick every other week and not used that up for ages...as it was Jos did it for him with that ridiculous playing out.

He's a great keeper and deserves better from the fan base, is he better than Westwood? Not for me, but I'm never disappointed when he starts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I seem to remember one clean sheet including a brilliant penalty save somewhere quite local.....or has that I e slipped your tiny mind?

Ok dawson a fairly tame penalty and kept a clean sheet against united. Did the other 19 or so games slip your tiny mind? Has the recent howler against Cardiff been forgotten? 

Unfortunately goalkeeping errors cost us last season and look like doing the same this season.

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

The main issue is that Dawson isn’t yet ready to replace Westwood - he needs to go out on loan - so there’s no genuine competition for places. 

You're wrong, he is ready

Edited by Ash76

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

Ok dawson a fairly tame penalty and kept a clean sheet against united. Did the other 19 or so games slip your tiny mind? Has the recent howler against Cardiff been forgotten? 

Unfortunately goalkeeping errors cost us last season and look like doing the same this season.

There are much more balanced posters to argue with...rather than ones with vendettas

Least of our worries.

westwood is 10 years older and prob 200 games further on than Dawson.

id play Westwood for another season or so and bring dawson on who’ll be fine if people don’t keep getting on his back.

Howler against Cardiff.....brilliant....any more straws you want to grasp?

6 hours ago, David1867 said:

Some of our fans really are beyond dense . A fairly tame penalty . He saved a penalty at the Lane for god sake . If Westwood had done that people like you would still be banging on about it now . All I know is Westwood has made more blatant gaffs in the last 2 games than Dawson has in his career . Is he the long term answer ? time will tell . All I know is Westwood is a liability right now and something  has to change 

10 hours ago, big_al1985 said:

Dawson did one thing wrong/ right...carried out his manager's instructions. He had good will in spades, local lad, keeper, fellow owl.... he could have had a rick every other week and not used that up for ages...as it was Jos did it for him with that ridiculous playing out.

He's a great keeper and deserves better from the fan base, is he better than Westwood? Not for me, but I'm never disappointed when he starts. 

Sums it up perfectly, on the balance of things I say Westwood edges it but Dawson's day is fast approaching and he is starting to knock on the day and this is a great position to be in.

15 hours ago, David1867 said:

Westwood is not the best keeper in the clubs history. Not by a long way. He's been a good keeper, better than most at this level. Let's keep a sense of reality here.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, David1867 said:

Best keeper in the league and in the clubs history? There lies the problem. 

Our fans have their favourites, mainly Because we have been so poor for the last 30 years which means just because KW has played well for a few years (in the Second tier of English football) he becomes immortalised as the second coming of lev Yashin.

Edited by 83owl
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, james o connor said:

Some of our fans really are beyond dense . A fairly tame penalty . He saved a penalty at the Lane for god sake . If Westwood had done that people like you would still be banging on about it now . All I know is Westwood has made more blatant gaffs in the last 2 games than Dawson has in his career . Is he the long term answer ? time will tell . All I know is Westwood is a liability right now and something  has to change 

Your opinion is irrelevant as you quite clearly didn't attend any of our games beforehand last season then or watch the Cardiff game a couple of weeks back.