Westwood or Dawson

1 minute ago, coopswfc76 said:

Is close more mistakes from Westwood but think Westwood organises defence better.

Really....not only has he dropped a simple catch for the first goal and flapped at another for the second but the corner that they scored the first goal from was as a direct result of him not talking to Fox

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Really....not only has he dropped a simple catch for the first goal and flapped at another for the second but the corner that they scored the first goal from was as a direct result of him not talking to Fox

In general yes he organises defence well.

He made errors today, and I thought he was partly at fault for Blackburn's first last week too.

He can't keep making errors like those otherwise there'll obviously come a point that he'll have to be dropped.

The flip side, of course, is that he's also been making some outstanding saves too.

My preference for Westwood has been based mostly on the feeling that he organizes the defence in front of him far better than either Dawson or Wildsmith, and I still think this is overwhelmingly the case (after all, no matter how many mistakes Westwood were to make, it's not going to make Dawson or Wildsmith better at marshalling their defenders), but these mistakes obviously weaken the overall argument for Westwood.

1 hour ago, acquiescefc said:

still same answer. Westwood.

One mistake and OT jump down his neck

One? That’s the about 6 or 7

both aint good enough ,if dawson was top half championship standard he would be in the net in front of a now woeful keeper, his kicking is shocking ,now he is very prone to clangers , he holds onto ball too long , yes he has made some good saves but he is a keeper not a striker id only give him 4/10 this season dawson 3/10 and wildsmith cant get a mark as he aint even upto u23s when he kept last season 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

both aint good enough ,if dawson was top half championship standard he would be in the net in front of a now woeful keeper, his kicking is shocking ,now he is very prone to clangers , he holds onto ball too long , yes he has made some good saves but he is a keeper not a striker id only give him 4/10 this season dawson 3/10 and wildsmith cant get a mark as he aint even upto u23s when he kept last season 

Not sure what Dawson’s done wrong to only get a 3/10 this season? especially when you give Westwood a 4?

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Westwood is an excellent shot stopper but I’ve noticed that there seem to be a few mistakes starting to creep into his game now.

For me I think he remains as number 1 but next season I’d be starting with Dawson.

Dawson won’t be here next season

33 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Westwood should continue to be our number one. Yes he has made mistakes but at the same time has kept us in games with some brilliant saves. 

As has Dawson, the letters only questionable moment however came at Cardiff when he was drafted in late in awful conditions.

Westwood's performance today is indefensible, had it been Dawson then half of the ground would have been foaming at the mouth. People around me were looking to blame anyone they could for not clearing the ball after he dropped the ball for their first. Too sentimental