Is this defence first style what we need to expect long term with Monk?

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

We have something like the 4th best GD in the league currently and only about 8 teams have scored more than us.

It could be better, but it's not too shabby 

We’ve played all the cannon fodder though.. defence is spot on. Attack has some deficiencies. Once we’re half way through the season we can see better where we’re at. Hope I’m wrong but thinking games against the likes of Leeds, West Brom, Swansea and Forest will be more difficult and will be harder to grind out wins. That’s when the lack of goals would cost us

17 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We’ve played all the cannon fodder though.. defence is spot on. Attack has some deficiencies. Once we’re half way through the season we can see better where we’re at. Hope I’m wrong but thinking games against the likes of Leeds, West Brom, Swansea and Forest will be more difficult and will be harder to grind out wins. That’s when the lack of goals would cost us

Swansea dropped 5 points v cannon-fodder this week.

Forest dropped all 6 points v cannon-fodder

West Brom dropped 2 points against cannon-fodder 

• Like 3

When we knock the ball about, as we did in the first half at Cardiff, the football is actually quite entertaining We can’t really be expected to be flying at sides, we don’t have the potency up front. Just look at the stats of our front three

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Swansea dropped 5 points v cannon-fodder this week.

Forest dropped all 6 points v cannon-fodder

West Brom dropped 2 points against cannon-fodder 

Exactly right, I see some posters think stoke were poor but I felt they defended very well and Joe Allen, Etebo and clucas are no mugs in midfield either.  The game was basically neutralised and because of that people think the teams were poor.  

At the end of the day, any points you get in the championship are good ones 

The way I look at it is we have more chance beating the top sides playing as we are now, then if we played the free flowing attacking football some on here crave.

As Joe Hart said this week. Playing the way Man City do wins you plaudits. But not necessarily points.