Palmer RB and Fox LB

I think it makes us better defensively.

But not as good at keeping possession.

Makes us more orthodox. 

I prefer Palmer at left back. He seems to enjoy cutting in and adds a man to the midfield area. 

Obvs that doesn't happen if he is on the right.

Just an observation.

Guest Grez Bez

Fox is so so much better than he was.

He's not a superb footballer but dues the basics well. Similar to Palmer in that respect.

Just now, prowl said:

Palmer has been poor at RB. If he keeps playing like that he will get replaced by Odubajo. No idea if he's confused by reverting to RB.

Maybe just a loss of form.

Personally I think he struggles so much with the offensive part of being a full back...that it really shows up when he’s on the right

On the left it’s almost excused and there’s zero pressure to perform past the half way line...but expectations are higher on the right.

Esp. seeing as our main creative outlet plays on the left...so there’s less of an attacking burden on the full back

11 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I prefer Palmer at left back. He seems to enjoy cutting in and adds a man to the midfield area. 

...but we'd miss Fox's natural left foot.  In the fiurst half, he put some awesome balls in the box, made overlaps, linked up well and defended great.  

I am baffled that anyone would say they would prefer Palmer at left back after watching that game.

I'd like to see Moses play in home games where we need to take the initiative. He's much more capable going forward than either of the other two, in away games it's usually better to play the safter options. 

On current form it should be Fox keeping his place and Moses to RB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

...but we'd miss Fox's natural left foot.  In the fiurst half, he put some awesome balls in the box, made overlaps, linked up well and defended great.  

I am baffled that anyone would say they would prefer Palmer at left back after watching that game.t

Like I say I'm thinking about keeping possession - we couldn't keep hold of it tonight. 

But I acknowledge your counter argument.