39 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

We need 1 or 2 Prem loans in Jan. New energy.

If we are still in the top 4 he has to be looking at players like dwight Gayle and others of same skill to bring in he cant sit back and think this will be enough 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Proper football imo .....14 clubs scrapping for a top 6 spot .its going to be exciting  season .

I think so, it’s ludicrously tight given we’re not far off 1/3 through - and nobody is routinely bossing it week in week out. More than ever it doesn’t seem to matter that much whether you’re up against 2nd or 22nd. Chaos.

Love it.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

I think so, it’s ludicrously tight given we’re not far off 1/3 through - and nobody is routinely bossing it week in week out. More than ever it doesn’t seem to matter that much whether you’re up against 2nd or 22nd. Chaos.

Love it.

Me too mate . the quality may not be high but  every game as summat riding on it  and that's what makes it nerve jangling ......

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

We sat back way to much in the 2nd half against them  

Away team tho...

Honestly think there’s a fair few that underestimate us, I’ll admit we need a good transfer window in January but so does everyone else !  No outstanding teams in this division !   And mid table ?!  Not sure about that

January could be huge. Fully expect us to be in contention. If DC can sort us some quality loans it could tip the balance. 

2 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Bannan frustrated  me the most tonight, probably because I expect so much better. It seemed every ball he played found a Stoke player.

loads of narky pointing too, probably still tutting in his sleeping bag now

an off night for sure, but hey, we won. UTO!

Edited by Mr. Tom

I can't fathom the doom on here. We're 3rd as it stands, loads of room for improvement up front, battling like crazy with arguably the best defence in the champ. We can build on this. Bring on Leeds. Bring em all on.

• Agree 2

On 22/10/2019 at 22:10, Sonny said:

I wonder this as we don’t actually seem to be playing very well but then I also wonder how far you have to go into a season for a ‘false position’ to not really be possible.

For starters I’m looking forward to @HirstWhoScoredIt‘s thread which will show that (bar the final order) most of the top six is usually ‘settled’ after 15 games and we’ve already achieved his required 20 points minimum for the first third of the season. I also think goal difference is often a decent indicator, especially the further you get through the season. It’s really obvious I suppose but goal difference often broadly mirrors league position, give or take and barring the odd anomaly. We’re currently where we should be in that respect. 

TLDR I’m an optimist see you at Wembley.

It’s coming on Monday.

And it’s much better this year...

most of it already done. Just waiting for Saturdays results....

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

It’s coming on Monday.

And it’s much better this year...

most of it already done. Just waiting for Saturdays results....

Great - been looking forward to it! Let’s hope there’s three points to add yet.