Big Cheer for Dawson (and Fox) vs Stoke

Just now, Hookowl said:

I still don't believe booing them before they've even started a game is going to improve anything.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

yup! it's no surprise to me, that we've been mediocre at best for that long, huge elements of our crowd and support know no differently.

as a youngster growing up outside sheffield but supporting wednesday I was open to things sheffield based wednesday fans weren't. 

(my big criticism of sheffield based wednesday fans is in a great many cases they cannot see past sheff utd.

I do think in some cases our fans hate united as much as they love wednesday, and it blinds them to a bigger picture.)

as I say growing up in the late 60's and throughout the 70's looking at yorkshire top flight football, the easy comparison was wednesday's continual and shambolic demise when set against l**ds meteoric rise.

what happened at bellend ruwad should so easily have happened at hillsborough during that period. 

then to cap it all wednesday go on to lose wilkinson to l**ds who wins the title.

the fact is wednesday fans have learnt to set the 'expectation' bar so low, we don't demand success, we accept mediocre, and we've accepted worse before now.

if we are to prosper, we've seen throwing money at it with few ideas doesn't work, one of the ideas (like it or not for some of our fans) is workmanlike backbone, and all our players regardless of ability should have that as a minimum, sadly some seem to be a tad lightweight in that area, and when accompanied by a certain lack of talent, it can lead to drawing adverse attention from supporters.  

the bar for wearing a wednesday shirt should be risen, it's been too low, for too long.

20 hours ago, David1867 said:

Yep, great save. What did you make of his kicking? 

I thought his kicking was good.

Only remember one out of play, when the back pass was short and he was closed down. A forward clearance might just have hit the Stoke forward and gone into the net!

Aimed towards Reach quite a lot, but if that was the instruction then he was good at it.

As for distance, he certainly smashed them through the sweet spot.