Big Cheer for Dawson (and Fox) vs Stoke

19 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Don't get the stick Dawson gets, played better than Westwood this season tons better than Wildsmith who struggles in the under 23s. Oh well probably because he's a ginger. 

garymegson

If he plays we concede. Simple as

Awful awful positioning for Cardiffs goal regardless of the clown in front of him. 

All he had to do was get it over the wall 

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

for someone else's team after their move.

there's some in our squad aren't good enough, and all the cheering in the world won't alter that.

I wasn’t advocating that but booing them definitely won’t help or improve their game 

2 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

If he plays we concede. Simple as

Awful awful positioning for Cardiffs goal regardless of the clown in front of him. 

All he had to do was get it over the wall 

He kept a clean sheet against Barnsley didn't he? And Rotherham in the cup. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, poite said:

Of course I'll cheer them. Never in doubt.

But I thought Dawson was a liability on Friday night and was all over the place. Made a superb save late on but generally you can tell the confidence suffers when Westwood isn't between the post's.

Hoping for a more assured performance from him tomorrow. 

Well played Cam Dawson. You certainly provided that tonight. And that save....world class. 

Brilliant stuff

come on , you statisticians. Of the games he's played, how many goals have been conceded? I don't rightly know, but it seems very few to me.

As for his kicking. What does any SW keeper do, what are his options? Very few! We are a team who, for years, has wandered back upfield as though tomorrow will do. Transfer defence into immediate attack by being ready to accept a thrown or rolled ball by the keeper? .' No. Not in the contract, Guv. We're Defenders , not attackers.. Kick the ball long and hope that one of our Forwards is not covered.'.

Incidentally, I presume Lord Westwood is an immaculate kicker of the ball?

• Haha 1

On 21/10/2019 at 22:19, McRightSide said:

Need to address both of these positions in January if we want to have any hope of going up.

I agree, was screaming at the tv for him to stand more central. However,  it must be what he's trained to do so some questions need to be asked. 

I can understand setting the wall to cover 1 side of the goal for a freekick close to the edge of the box. But when its a nice distance like Cardiffs, its easy to get the ball over and down, so with half the goal to aim at, you don't need to hit it hard, making it even easier.

21 hours ago, SettleForADraw said:

Before they’ve kicked a ball though? All I’m saying is, get behind them and encourage rather than get on their backs. Getting on their backs ain’t going to make anything better, they’ll do the easy things rather than try something harder.

I hope certain players in our side do 'easy things' and don't look to do 'something harder'.

20 hours ago, Hookowl said:

I wasn’t advocating that but booing them definitely won’t help or improve their game 

why? are they such 'snowflakes' that they cannot handle criticism?

any player being out of favour with the crowd needs to address the issue himself, starting with 'why am I received this way'.

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

why? are they such 'snowflakes' that they cannot handle criticism?

any player being out of favour with the crowd needs to address the issue himself, starting with 'why am I received this way'.

Booing players when they come off after playing badly will show them what the supporters think of their performance.

Booing them before they start a game is completely counter productive and rather than incentivise them it's liable to demoralise them.

Just now, Hookowl said:

Booing players when they come off after playing badly will show them what the supporters think of their performance.

Booing them before they start a game is completely counter productive and rather than incentivise them it's liable to demoralise them.

if they are 'demoralised' then they are not of the 'fibre' needed for the challenge, and need to change or move on.

8 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

if they are 'demoralised' then they are not of the 'fibre' needed for the challenge, and need to change or move on.

I still don't believe booing them before they've even started a game is going to improve anything.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.