Big Cheer for Dawson (and Fox) vs Stoke

44 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Oh well, too much to ask for support when you pay your money to come.  Perhaps people boo you at work...

I mean there’s no chance of it happening. Not by me personally but sections of our support can’t wait to jump on the backs of certain players.

I think ive seen enough in Dawson to believe he will be our number 1 keeper for years to come, admittedly he looks a bag of nerves at times but not surprising as some fans start moaning and groaning at every chance they have with Dawson for some reason-might still go back to wigan away last season when he started number 1 under dross and every player that day was horrendous and Dawson got the bulk of the moaning as he was taking ages with the goal kicks, ironically so does westwood . 

16 hours ago, hangonrose said:

I hope all SWFC supporters give Cam Dawson (as currently our only fit first team goalie) and Morgan Fox, playing well at the mo, their full support at the Stoke game - as well as all the other players.  No snidy boos - let's put all that behind us.

We're in a great position in the table, and offering unquestioning support, makes all the difference to how the team perform.  UTO

Can we boo them if they **** up? :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 83owl said:

Some people have already made their mind up about fox’s performance before the games even started.

Dawson is competing with fan favourite Westwood so hasn’t got a chance.

Fox was absolute shiiiiiiiiite tonight against Stoke...........get rid...........................................................................oops.....posted too early

• Haha 1

Fox cost us buttons and for a reserve full back is a decent player at this level. He is actually a decent defender, good tackler and a half decent footballer . He lacks a bit of pace and fitness , but as a reserve full back who plays 20 games a season he is a really valuable player.

15 hours ago, David1867 said:

Neither of these players are remotely good enough to play for us. 

Dawson is a walking calamity, if it wasn't for his constant howlers last season we may have had a shout at the playoffs no doubt the same will happen this year if he plays regularly again.

Fox is one of the worst players we've had in recent times. League 1 standard. 

for me, and it looks like you too, both need to be replaced with better over the next 12 months.

dawson is one hell of a shot stopping keeper, but his handling of crosses even as close as the edge of the 6 yard box is far from what is required.

Fox is a steady squad player, nothing more, nothing less.

I think one of the issues with Dawson is that he's the exact opposite of Westwood in terms of command of his area. Westwood is almost too eager to come rushing off his line at times which we all know has got him into trouble on quite a few occasions over the years. Dawson in the other hand would be reluctant to exit his 6 yard box if the goal line was on fire.

The difference in style between the two will surely mean a certain amount of adjustment  for the back 4, particularly  when the change is made so late. So much of defending is about communication and understanding  between the back 4 and goalkeeper and I think Dawson is always going to be at a disadvantage in that respect as he's the one stepping in.

He's s decent keeper at this level and is more than capable. Yes he needs to improve his command of his box but name me a keeper at any level who doesn't have aspects if his game to improve on.

For the record, I think going out of our way to cheer them is ridiculous and patronising. Just don't boo them.

Edited by Dunkstar
Added last line

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

So we should cheer players because they're crap but trying? 

How are they crap? You'd think, paying your money (assuming you go) you'd rather help towards a common goal that both yourself and the players are working towards. Booing someones name before a balls been kicked is perhaps the most moronic counterproductive thing you could do. Palmer's done well at LB (another one of the boo boy's favourites) but he can't be expected to play every game there, can he? If we've not got any better at the club, so yes, cheer them and get behind them - end of the day it's not as if they're not trying and I'd take effort over having the talent and being a mornjy cap end any day of the week.

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

Na, boo em. That'll make them better

people pay THEIR money and have the right to THEIR opinion, i'm sure cheering failure will go down as well as when kiddies at school are told that 'everyone is a winner'.

I wished that had been in at school in my day, it'd saved me a lot of running up and down.

too many people go to hillsborough with a 'aw it'll do' attitude, we need winners, with a winning mentality, don't cheer losers, it might catch on.

10 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

How are they crap? You'd think, paying your money (assuming you go) you'd rather help towards a common goal that both yourself and the players are working towards. Booing someones name before a balls been kicked is perhaps the most moronic counterproductive thing you could do. Palmer's done well at LB (another one of the boo boy's favourites) but he can't be expected to play every game there, can he? If we've not got any better at the club, so yes, cheer them and get behind them - end of the day it's not as if they're not trying and I'd take effort over having the talent and being a mornjy cap end any day of the week.

IF I was booed as my name was announced i'd be thinking 'I'll show these conkers' and be trying my b*llox off to get them off my back.

IF I was shyte and got heartily cheered, i'd be thinking 'oh! it seems shyte is just fine'.

booing tells you some folks don't think you're doing too well, and everybody in the ground (including the manager) can hear it, and next years salary might just depend upon your improvement.

just or your information, I don't boo our players as individuals, only a shockingly bad, no effort, across the board team performance would call for me to.

25 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

IF I was booed as my name was announced i'd be thinking 'I'll show these conkers' and be trying my b*llox off to get them off my back.

IF I was shyte and got heartily cheered, i'd be thinking 'oh! it seems shyte is just fine'.

booing tells you some folks don't think you're doing too well, and everybody in the ground (including the manager) can hear it, and next years salary might just depend upon your improvement.

just or your information, I don't boo our players as individuals, only a shockingly bad, no effort, across the board team performance would call for me to.

Before they’ve kicked a ball though? All I’m saying is, get behind them and encourage rather than get on their backs. Getting on their backs ain’t going to make anything better, they’ll do the easy things rather than try something harder.

Guest Grez Bez
5 hours ago, jacko1992 said:

We're here to win football games - not baby 'professionals' by giving them an extra loud cheer, ffs man.

I think your overestimating your role in the team mate