Big Cheer for Dawson (and Fox) vs Stoke

I hope all SWFC supporters give Cam Dawson (as currently our only fit first team goalie) and Morgan Fox, playing well at the mo, their full support at the Stoke game - as well as all the other players.  No snidy boos - let's put all that behind us.

We're in a great position in the table, and offering unquestioning support, makes all the difference to how the team perform.  UTO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Of course I'll cheer them. Never in doubt.

But I thought Dawson was a liability on Friday night and was all over the place. Made a superb save late on but generally you can tell the confidence suffers when Westwood isn't between the post's.

Hoping for a more assured performance from him tomorrow. 

Neither of these players are remotely good enough to play for us. 

Dawson is a walking calamity, if it wasn't for his constant howlers last season we may have had a shout at the playoffs no doubt the same will happen this year if he plays regularly again.

Fox is one of the worst players we've had in recent times. League 1 standard. 

• Haha 1

I can't help feel that Dawson is tarnished in the minds of some fans because of Westwood being dropped all the way up to Christmas last season. Hardly Dawson's fault. 

He's as good a shot stopper as any but he's a bit dodgy on crosses. But he's relatively young, one of our own and can get better so get behind the lad. 

I actually think Dawson is decent but thought he was very poor on Friday, it reminded me of the Norwich game as well I thought he was poor in that game as well, both games he was drafted in at the last moment so it's bound to have an effect on performance. 

38 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Do you think that if Dawson was stood in the RH side of his goal that whathisname would have put the ball there?

He would have put it in the other corner. Dawson would have been criticised for being in the wrong side.

The free kick taker puts the ball where the goalie isn't. With a good free kick the goalie hasn't a chance. 

Ask Beckham about taking free kicks. 

Star jumping a completely different issue. Perhaps Westwood or a more experienced goalie possibly would have done more before the kick was taken to alert the man with the flag and white stick stood on the touchline.  

The issue wasn't which side he was stood it was how far across he was stood, it was ridiculous.

Tomlin's free kick had hardly any pace and went in in the bottom corner, he should be saving that and would have comfortably done so if he was positioned correctly. 

God this gets tiresome , you will ALWAYS have a handful of idiots that think it is clever to boo but of course the vast overwhelming majority will support both of them while ever they play for Wednesday.

However that doesn`t mean i will be bullied into not giving my opinion after the game and say if i think someone has had a poor game like Dawson did at Cardiff IMHO.

Also we now have the ridiculous situation with Fox where, because he took some stick from the aforementioned idiots, he now only has to give something approaching a semi decent performance and if you dont give him 8 out of 10 then you are one of the "haterz"

If they both start tonight here`s hoping they both have blinders.

Edited by sheriwozgod

A young reserve keeper put into the team at 5 minutes notice & in front of TV cameras. Not surprising he looked nervous or unprepared. But just what did he do wrong v Cardiff.

Can someone explain the correct position at a free kick for a keeper when a 6’6” defender is doing star jumps in front of him?

Will get my full support and I believe 99.9% of fans who attend tonight.

Why would anybody in their right mind boo one of their own players before a game starts, hardly going to encourage him is it?

Dawson and Fox need that encouragement, we’re sadly lacking alternatives for those two positions right now.