Your team v Stoke

14 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Think Palmer probably needs a rest after not getting a break.

Dawson

Odubajo Iorfa Borner Fox

Reach Luongo Hutch Bannan Harris

Fletcher

Like to think that FF will get a good half an hour on for whichever of Reach or Harris comes off.

Can you really pick Reach again ?? He has been so poor this season (apart from the Boro game).

Guest wilyfox

Fox was probably chosen for added height in set-pieces against Cardiff, but I think Odubajo will come back in to face Stoke. For me, the question mark is over Fletcher. Played the 90 on Friday, and we shall need him for the Leeds game. Do we start him tomorrow as well? I do fear we'll break him at some point. 

Edited by wilyfox

10 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Can you really pick Reach again ?? He has been so poor this season (apart from the Boro game).

Yes.

Our other options are Murphy (not playing well at all) and Forestieri.

I’m a massive fan of FF in a wide role, so our current 433 is good for him.

Reach has scored one and made two of our last four goals.

Our record over the past 16 months with Reach playing compared to with FF playing are chalk and cheese. Top six form v relegation form. 

So, even though I am keen to see plenty of FF in the wide role under Monk, I think the current effective contribution of Reach means he should start. BUT I can’t wait to see FF come on as sub with the bit between his teeth to take the starting shirt off Reach or Harris. That has to be great for competition among these three terrific players.

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Fox was probably chosen for added height in set-pieces against Cardiff, but I think Odubajo will come back in to face Stoke. For me, the question mark is over Fletcher. Played the 90 on Friday, and we shall need him for the Leeds game. Do we start him tomorrow as well? I do fear we'll break him at some point. 

I agree it’s a sensitive call.

But Ive no doubt that we are now managed properly and professionally. If a Fletcher is showing any reaction to Friday night he won’t be risked. But he is super fit this season, he had two weeks off, and I think/hope that Sat Sun Mon Tues is enough to put him in the safe zone.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I agree it’s a sensitive call.

But Ive no doubt that we are now managed properly and professionally. If a Fletcher is showing any reaction to Friday night he won’t be risked. But he is super fit this season, he had two weeks off, and I think/hope that Sat Sun Mon Tues is enough to put him in the safe zone.

I was surprised he played the full 90. Thought it would be a straight swap with Nuhiu around 60-70 mins to keep some freshness for Stoke. If he does start tomorrow, I wouldn't use him for more than an hour. We defo need him vs. Leeds.

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes.

Our other options are Murphy (not playing well at all) and Forestieri.

I’m a massive fan of FF in a wide role, so our current 433 is good for him.

Reach has scored one and made two of our last four goals.

Our record over the past 16 months with Reach playing compared to with FF playing are chalk and cheese. Top six form v relegation form. 

So, even though I am keen to see plenty of FF in the wide role under Monk, I think the current effective contribution of Reach means he should start. BUT I can’t wait to see FF come on as sub with the bit between his teeth to take the starting shirt off Reach or Harris. That has to be great for competition among these three terrific players.

Your looking at it from a historic view tho. I see your point but we have played 11 games in the league and 10 of them Reach hasn't played well, yes he scored and assisted v boro and played well then he may have got an assist v Wigan but he was poor otherwise.

Surely anyone else bar Bannan would be dropped with his form ?

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

If Reach alone can turn a side from relegation form to top six form how much is he worth in the current market? 

Got to be knocking on £100 milion surely!:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood (Dawson)

Odubajo

Iorfa

Borner

Palmer

Hutchinson

Luongo

Bannan

Harris

Fletcher

Forestieri

subs: Dawson(Jones), Fox, Pelupessy, Lee, Reach, Winnall, Nuhiu

Start 4-3-3 but move to 4-5-1 or 4-5-1 if not working 

16 hours ago, torryowl said:

I think a lot of those games bannan was in the team so maybe leave bannan out  and see how we do with fox playing with louongo as the quarterback …...stats mean feck all  mate your only as good as your last game and fox played well on Friday .

stats show a great deal my friend and should not be ignored especially when you've played as many times as he has and the win ratio is just 25%

He did do ok friday but again we didnt win, ongoing persistent trend I'm afraid

Same 11 as Cardiff. Played great. If you see something tactically then change it, but as a unit we played well.

I would like to see Fessi in the 10 role behind Fletch at some point linking midfield with Fletch. But will depend on timing and whether Fessi is ready for that.

I can see a topsy turvy 3-2 win.

4 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Same 11 as Cardiff. Played great. If you see something tactically then change it, but as a unit we played well.

I would like to see Fessi in the 10 role behind Fletch at some point linking midfield with Fletch. But will depend on timing and whether Fessi is ready for that.

I can see a topsy turvy 3-2 win.

I would like to see FF run at opposition defenders from the no. 10 position