That Star Jump

3 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

To a certain extent I can see why the players don't react. It's futile. It never changes anything. 

The linesman refused to even look in the Direction of Dawson when he complained. You could even argue Dawson shouldn't have complained while it was happening, as he lost focus on the reality if the situation: The lineman and the ref didn't see it as a problem. They now have to answer why they didn't think it was a problem. Clearly offside, clearly interfering with play. 

That's why it's now for the Club to pursue this. It needs a response, even if it only highlights Cardiff's con tricks to other refs for the rest of the season. 

This to me is key - we should stop blaming others and be more professional.  The referee was truly awful but our own performance was biggest factor in dropping 2 points.

6 hours ago, torres said:

I’m as wound up by our players lack of complaints as I am about the ridiculous decision itself 

Only Dawson seem aggrieved. 

I’m not normally one for having a go at the ref after the decision has been made but in this case I’d make an exception 

Been thinking bout this and come to conclusion maybe Westwood would've made more fuss about it ?  Might well have approached Flint?

Also Bannan wasn't on pitch to confront ref and our players would have been looking up pitch and so may have not paid much attention to him and assumed he would fall back into line before the kick was taken - think that was my take as I saw him jumping about before it was taken but didn't pay that much attention - more I think about it now the more outrageous it has become 

If a player did that at a corner what would happen?

9 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I know it's futile, and the points aren't coming back, and only the club can decide to pursue it, but the club deserve an answer.

It was on national television and can't be swept under the carpet on the highlights edit on Saturday night. 

It has been swept under the carpet. The main talking points of this week's football weekend have been VAR, ironic when you consider if it was used across the leagues we might be talking about a victory for fairness.

The fact that it was on TV just gives every one another chance to see what an utter skidmark the Cardiff manager is: "we practice cheating". Heaven help us.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Like 1

What Monk should do is - wait till we get a free kick Within shooting distance on Saturday against Le**s on national TV , put minimum 4 players behind the wall,  a la Flint , doing star jumps -the ref will clearly give offside and it will show Stroud And Warnock up for the dog’s appendages that they are . 

10 hours ago, torres said:

I’m as wound up by our players lack of complaints as I am about the ridiculous decision itself 

Only Dawson seem aggrieved. 

I’m not normally one for having a go at the ref after the decision has been made but in this case I’d make an exception 

only seen it the once …..perhaps they were all looking towards the ball and the taker of the free kick and wernt aware of flints antics …..dawson obviously saw it but why would the rest of them ?

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

only seen it the once …..perhaps they were all looking towards the ball and the taker of the free kick and wernt aware of flints antics …..dawson obviously saw it but why would the rest of them ?

Seriously?

If they all had a blindfold on your point might have some slight credibility. 

Dawson should have done more to ensure the ref/lino took more notice of what was going on. Even refused to stand in the goal so the kick couldn't be taken, (although I am sure the ref would have still let them take it)

Im sure if Westwood was in goal he would have done something, probably gone and shoved Flint out of the way.

51 minutes ago, torres said:

Seriously?

If they all had a blindfold on your point might have some slight credibility. 

Seriously...havnt seen the replay but flint didn't start his antics until after the wall was set up so why would they be looking towards there goal.when they did turn towards the goal after the ball was kicked flint wasn't doing the jump..... There as to be a reason that only dawson questioned the goal .

Sorry but I'm not having it that the goal was Dawson's fault. The failing lies in the hands of the officials not giving Flint offside.

Yes he could have protested more, refused to stand in the goal etc but had to show a level of professionalism to try and stop what was to be fair a very well taken free kick.

18 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Thats just made up crap 

it maybe to you, it's not to some of us, we lack backbone, we have for decades 'generally'.

when did we last have a side that could and would stand up for itself in a battle?

we've had far more of the type that will lay down and take what's coming.

if you've been watching wednesday long, it's you who's talking crap.

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Seriously...havnt seen the replay but flint didn't start his antics until after the wall was set up so why would they be looking towards there goal.when they did turn towards the goal after the ball was kicked flint wasn't doing the jump..... There as to be a reason that only dawson questioned the goal .

Are you seriously suggesting no one was aware of what he was doing other than Dawson. 

He wasn’t hiding behind an actual wall. 

20 hours ago, dorian gray said:

it's the wednesday way, it has been for half a century plus.

42 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it maybe to you, it's not to some of us, we lack backbone, we have for decades 'generally'.

when did we last have a side that could and would stand up for itself in a battle?

we've had far more of the type that will lay down and take what's coming.

if you've been watching wednesday long, it's you who's talking crap.

Not going to get into an in depth analysis of our squads for over "a century plus " so 

between 91 and 93 we had players such as 

Palmer 

Wilson

Sheridan

Hirst 

Worthington

King

Shirtliffe

Anderson 

They would not take crap from anyone !

To name just a few , that was less than 30 years ago, so as I said your first post was made up crap . 

Edited by hugeowl